Book 1 - Act 2 - The Man's Promise

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: MUTINY!: Round 2

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:58 pm

Round 2 Scourge 24, Aya 21, Plugg 20, Allies 20, Sandara 16, Toruk 13, Rod 11, Maggie 9, Davok 8, Enemies 6
Davok continues to lay into Plugg, "We'll hoist ye by the yard arm...." his cutlass then hacks into Plugg's neck! The blade bites deep and hard into the neck of the prone man. So much so that Davok has to take his shield and drive the ridge of it into Plugg's forehead below him with a heavy blow to dislodge the cutlass from the "Captain's" collar bone and neck. As the blood fountains up Plugg falls down. His legs are twitching, his arms limp at his side, and the river of blood pouring out into the grease is proof enough that Mr. Plugg is dead!
Davok: Power Attack: TWF vs Plugg: Cutlass "19" (Crit: 18) Critical Hit for 25!!! + Decapitation Double damage and death (Fort negates). Fort Save "1" FAILURE

Since no other target in range you can add this too

Shield 11 Hit for 11 = DEAD AGAIN
Rod and Maggie....
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:35 am

"Bloody hell, that was a nice one," the bard shouts to Davok.

"One scumbag dead, Scourge," Aya adds at the sight of Plugg getting relieved of his head a sudden glee in her voice and on her face. "Only one left and the one thing I regret is that we have to clean your and his filthy remains off the wood later today!"
Too nice a crit not to acknowledge it.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:47 pm

"Hey you maggot-sucking bastard, leave the girl alone and deal with me! Come 'ere an' have a cutlass sandwich ye jumped up grass combin' chunk o' bat spit!" Roderick Belmonte addresses Scourge. Then he moves up to him, dancing lightly on the deck, then feints quickly and attempts to make his twirling backhand slash count!
move (half because of the grease), s,s,s. Acrobatics check vs Grease DC 10 (I think).

(feinting is just flavor, no real feint action intended):
Attack Scourge with cutlass. Use a panache point for double (ie +3 extra) damage on precise strike
Precise Strike (Ex): At 3rd level, while she has at least 1 panache point, a swashbuckler gains the ability to strike precisely with a light or one-handed piercing melee weapon (though not natural weapon attacks), adding her swashbuckler level to the damage dealt. To use this deed, a swashbuckler cannot attack with a weapon in her other hand or use a shield other than a buckler. She can even use this ability with thrown light or one-handed piercing melee weapons, so long as the target is within 30 feet of her. Any creature that is immune to sneak attacks is immune to the additional damage granted by precise strike, and any item or ability that protects a creature from critical hits also protects a creature from the additional damage of a precise strike. This additional damage is precision damage, and isn't multiplied on a critical hit. As a swift action, a swashbuckler can spend 1 panache point to double her precise strike's damage bonus on the next attack. This benefit must be used before the end of her turn, or it is lost. This deed's cost cannot be reduced by any ability or effect that reduces the amount of panache points a deed costs (such as the Signature Deed feat).
Activate: Combat expertise for +1 AC
Activate: Menacing Swordplay as a swift action on a hit.
Menacing Swordplay (Ex): At 3rd level, while she has at least 1 panache point, when a swashbuckler hits an opponent with a light or one-handed piercing melee weapon, she can choose to use Intimidate to demoralize that opponent as a swift action instead of a standard action.
If he attacks me before my next turn, use an additional panache point for opportune parry and riposte. If he attacks Maggie, and you will allow it, ROd will also attempt to parry the attack on Maggie.
Opportune Parry and Riposte (Ex): At 1st level, when an opponent makes a melee attack against the swashbuckler, she can spend 1 panache point and expend a use of an attack of opportunity to attempt to parry that attack. The swashbuckler makes an attack roll as if she were making an attack of opportunity; for each size category the attacking creature is larger than the swashbuckler, the swashbuckler takes a –2 penalty on this roll. If her result is greater than the attacking creature's result, the creature's attack automatically misses. The swashbuckler must declare the use of this ability after the creature's attack is announced, but before its attack roll is made. Upon performing a successful parry and if she has at least 1 panache point, the swashbuckler can as an immediate action make an attack against the creature whose attack she parried, provided that creature is within her reach.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:41 pm

Round 2 Scourge 24, Aya 21, Plugg 20, Allies 20, Sandara 16, Toruk 13, Rod 11, Maggie 9, Davok 8, Enemies 6
Roderick Belmonte comes charging across the deck, his blade in hand, his tongue wagging as he wants to protect his red headed lass Maggie. He hits the grease and that's that, he slides a bit out of control, but not too wildly. Still he's so off balance from slipping about that his swing slices into the air near Scourge but not on Scourge.

Maggie, seeing Rod come to her rescue....
Rod: Move/Acro: "1" = 11 Good thing you don't fumble skill rolls!: Success. Panache/Com Ex (which I ALWAYS apply FYI since its no penalty at this level): 11 Miss
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:35 pm

Maggie shifts to the side, giving Rod a wink. Then she strikes out again at the man who made their lives so miserable over the last weeks. "You and Plugg have fun in Hell," she says as she stabs out at him.
5-Ft Step: SW
Standard Action: Attack Scourge. (+2 for flanking and SA damage if I hit).

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

HUZZAH! The Ship Be Yours!

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:23 pm

Round 3 Scourge 24, Aya 21, Allies 20, Sandara 16, Toruk 13, Rod 11, Maggie 9, Davok 8, Enemies 6
Maggie shifts to the side, and comes to the rescue of Rod, not the other way around. She jams her rapier into Scourge's kidney and pierces his side with a well placed strike. He screams out grabbing for the wound as she pulls the blade free.

There are only three men left fighting for Scourge and Plugg; Ratline, Tam and Fipps, and they aren't fanatics, they are pirates. Everyone pirate knows when its time to thrown in the towel and wave the white flag, and that time is now. With Plugg dead, and Scourge surrounded they throw down their weapons and call for mercy and parlay. Your allies around the ship disarm them further and hold them at sword point or hustle them to the railing to keep them from turning back to fighting.

Scourge is bleeding badly now, and his men are giving up. Plug is dead, like dead dead next to him, and Maggie, Rod, Aya and who ever this Davok fellow is have him surrounded on a swath of magical grease. He lets his axe fall to the ground and he raises his arms over his head, not all the way since it hurts, and he has trouble doing it. Snarling he lowers his head, "I surrender...gods be damned I surrender." He spits blood onto the deck defeated.
Maggie: 5ft, Flank +2: 23 Hit for 3 + 7 Sneak! = 10

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Re: HUZZAH! The Ship Be Yours!

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:41 pm

"HUZZAH!" Aya shouts as they stand victorious, not seeing a need to continue to strike the man down anymore. "'T was a a short time for you scumbags at the helm but that's over now." The bard does not sheath her weapon yet but takes a step away from the defeated man. Instead she paces around the deck for a bit.

She takes a few looks around, glad to see very few are hurt of their own but many of their opponents either dead, dying or severly injured. The girl looks over them.

"Considering there's a change in the leadership you all got a choice to make now: You're either going to continue serving aboard this ship or we can toss you overboard, living or dead. This lovely island you can reach with a bit off effort is only inhabited by undead, giant crabs and a swarm of goblin-squids, so you might even survive a day or two for a while. Or you'll make up your mind about stabbing us in the back. Sadly though I cannot view inside your skulls without having to lend me an axe from Scourge here," she steps beside the man, kicking him in his bloody side with a wide grin. "So you gotta be quite convincing."
YES! We did it! Nicely done, guys! :D :D :D

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:55 pm

Davok stands there his cutlass running red with blood and his mail covered in Pluggs arterial spray eyes locked on Scourge. "We should finish him and pardon the rest of the crew. I think he is trouble if we leave him alive."

Yay! I think Scourge should die, I don't trust him staying alive. Its not the pirate way to leave yer enemies alive to kill ya later!

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:07 am

"Hear this, Scourge?" Aya says, the loathing obvious in her voice."It seems our new friend here would rather see your head part from your body as soon as possible. Maybe there's something inside that chum-filled bucket on your neck that you call brain that might save your sorry skin." She picks up one of Plugg's pistols as the man will never need of it ever again, also looking for a kit to reload the weapon. "Otherwise I think this is where you and we part ways. See, we're going to say bye-bye to you at some point but it might be the next moment or the next port. I'm afraid the choice is yours to make now," the chestnut-haired girl adds smiling sweetly.
Bluff. To make him think he'll make it out of this alive if he reveals some secrets or whatever.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:43 am

Aya paces the ship for a moment, the men and woman around the ship are shouting "HUZZAH! HUZZAH!" The Cheer goes up around the ship for your victory. You see smiling facing on your allies, even ones like Crimson Cog and Badger who aren't prone to such enjoyment.

Sandara and joins you, "Well friends, its a fine day today!" The look around the ship shows only two dead, other than Plugg right now, and those that fought against you hear Aya's words and they each pledge their loyalty to the new Captain of the Man's Promise. Not a single one of them likes the idea of being marooned on Bonewrack Isle. Sandara reaches to tip her hat, but its resting squarely on Maggie's head still, so she flicks her hair. "I'll see to the wounded."

Scourge sucks his teeth, he doesn't believe that any of you will spare him if he gives up his secrets or he just doesn't know any. "You've won this fight, but now what? Now where do you? What do you do? The real Harrigan will be coming for you and his ship. You've just spared me his lash." He laughs and then coughs up some more blood.