Book 1 - Act 2 - Man Overboard

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Book 1 - Act 2 - Man Overboard

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:42 pm

Going back in where dozens of these things are is a death sentence. Davok needs weapons and armor, and maybe just maybe he can find those things outside, at least he can rest up before heading back inside. So he turns and slips out into the surf and the beach beyond the opening of the cave.

As he exits into the fading light of the day he spots a lone goblin-squid floating in the water. He looks like he's just relaxing while he should be on watch. Davok pauses, and doubts the thing knows he's here yet.

All around is a long white sandy beach and up from it is a tropical jungle isle.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:20 pm

Davok spots an opportunity in the lone goblin and pirates are not known for passing up an opportunity. He quietly swims towards this goblin squid trying to stay behind it.
If i can sneak up behind it i want to try and strangle it. Put my muscle to use!.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:14 am

Davok slips under the water and swims up silently to the Grindylow. He pops up out of the water at the last second and grabs the thing by the throat. It lashes about like a caught fish as he clamps his hands around its throat choking it for a few moments. The tentacles slow in their flailing about then stop as its passes out from being choked out.
Stealth "20" Oh nice!
Perception 14

Success on stealth

Attack: 19 Hit for 6 NL Dmg OUT, its not dead, just out from NL Dmg

Loot: Cutlass and Dagger. In fact that looks like YOUR Cutlass it has on it!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:59 am

"Tha' dirty scalawag. Twas goin' ta use me own cutlass against me!" Davok drags the creature towards the shore with him and once upon the beach cuts its throat and hides it in some bushes. He then looks for a place to take shelter.
I would like to kill him on shore and hide his body so his companions don't get to suspicious.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:58 pm

Davok slits its throat and drags the corpse into the brush around the beach. For the moment he's alone, and looks about. The man is on the southwest end of an isle, if his direction sense is any good. There is a high climbing section of the isle along its western side, and from there he might get a good look of things. Davok starts off seeking for a way up, spotting a strange corn field in the middle of a flat area. Near the corn field are heads on spikes covered in flies that look disease riddled so he avoids them and the danger they warn about.

It finally hits the man like a belaying pin to the face -- exhaustion. He's been captive for who knows how many days, hasn't eaten, hasn't drank, he's just finished. So finding an area of tropical bushes nearby he is forced to climb into them and he passes out.

When he wakes up the sun is out, its hot, and he can hear voices again. This time however those voices are speaking the common tongue....
I really want to get you into the main game. So taking some liberties here to do just that. Watch the other tread, you'll be joining ASAP.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The End

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:22 pm

A woman's voice calls out to Davok, "Why don't ye get yer sorry ass outta that bush before we put a couple a'bolts in yer hide?"
I think that's enough for me.

This thread joins the main game thread here:

https://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/Forums/v ... tml#281488

Please start posting there.