Book 2 - Act 1: Hiding the Evidence

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: The Lookout

Post by Trogdor » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:50 pm

"Don't you be threatenin' Pluck," Maggie says to Toruk. "He's just enjoyin' a little time talkin' ta one of his own kind for a change."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: The Lookout

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:41 pm

"Aye, they're just birds," Aya shrugs. "'Twas just a jest, from our handsome Sorcerer. So, I guess there's little else we can do here. Let us turn back and report to Rickety so he can post a new watchman."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Back to Rickety

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:40 pm

Aya calls for a return to Rickety and climbs down the ladder. Rod joins her, and the group takes a last look, and then turns back to the trail to get away from here. The hour hike returns you to the little village, and you find Rickety at the dry docks still working to fix any troubles the wasp attack caused.

He smiles his toothy grin, "Well did you find out what that lazy bones is doing out there at the tower?" He looks south trying to see if any flag is flying still, but none is.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Re: Back to Rickety

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:30 pm

"That we did. However, he's dead and won't be able to continue bein' lazy," Aya replies bluntly, assuming it is better than treading around the death of the watchman. "While we fended off the wasps it looks like he couldn't and they stung him. However, at least he wasn't dragged away by the bugs so he probably fought them away. At least that's what I take away from the scene."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:50 pm

"Yeah, he's been killed by a wasp. Sorry. You will need a new lookout." Rod adds. He will let Rickety arrange for a funeral (or whatever they do here). Later, as he is responsible for provisions, he will have the boars brought to the pub to be prepared for dinner.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:13 pm

Rickety bows his head and rubs his temples, "That's three then..." he must mean deaths from the wasp attacks. "Well I thank you for going out and checking on him. I'll send some men to collect his body." He looks at Maggie, "Perhaps you'd be willing to hold services for us as a priest of Besmara?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:28 pm

As Toruk walks the trail back with the others, he can't help but think, I wasn't kidding about those two birds! When Aya delivers the news and Rickety reveals this is the third watchmen to perish, Toruk pulls away from his centric thoughts and feels for the man.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:12 am

I would have suggested hoisting the flag and bringing the body back but thats what I get for not being here!

Davok speaks up "Three of them? You have lost three watchmen to the wasps? What would it be worth to you if someone cleaned them out ?" The pirate smelling opportunity and coin. "Sounds like something needs to be done." The massive pirate states.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:54 pm

That's fine, Davok hoisted the flag before leaving but the body remains

3 total from the wasp attack that just happened.
Rickety shakes his head, "No, three men total to the attack we just had. Our watchman, and two of our shipwrights, would have been more if you hadn't lent a hand like you did." He rubs his temples, "First time we've had these buggers come at us, and then that Naga, jungles not handling the drought too well. Regardless, we'll have your ship ready on time, as promised."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:26 pm

"Well, it was a service that wouldn't be too much of an issue until the ship's done," Aya shrugs. "We'd gladly help you out with those creatures, regardless of them coming by air or sea. Or land, 'cause we encountered some boars on our way to the watchtower but even those won't trouble anyone anymore."