Book 2 - Act 3: Tidewater Rock

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Mass Combat: Round 6

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:48 pm

Round 6 Gragol 27, Maggie 17, Buccaneers Red 17, Roderick 16, Toruk 15, Guards 11, Isabella 9, Buccaneer Green 3

We are going to have to do something about this. You can remain down below and hack up the peons if you like, I'll probably stop waiting on those posts, or you can turn your attention to the high level sorcerer who is about to decimate the rooftop leading this little party. If you plan is to just hold the ground floor, that's cool, let me know, and I'm going to start narrating through your actions.

Ready Action, Swing, Dmg, Dodge, Repeat...
Maggie looks at the ladder "We are going to have take down that flying lightning bolt casting witch of theirs. We can't do that from here. I'll go and see if I can get a shot from the roof." She then races for the ladder and starts the assent up the tower.

The lead pirates finally make it to the door way and as they press into the Rock they are cut down one by one as the ready attacks of the defenders cut them to ribbons. Two are slain by the blades of Royster, Gragol, Rod and your guard as the bodies start to pile up. More buccaneers manage the climb up the stairs slowly past the grease.

Your guards on the roof manage to reload the ballista once more as a few shoot at Isabella floating there. She floats left and right and avoids the arrows aimed at her. One guard finally arrives on the roof, while the other shifts and readies to cut down any more foes on the ground floor along with Royster.

Roderick and Toruk...
Gragol Ready
Maggie Up
Red: Move Up (Ready Attacks Kill #3,#4)
Guard 3,4 Reload Ballista
Guard 5,6 Shoot Isabella 17 Miss, 17 Miss
Guard 1 Reaches Roof
Guard 2, 5ft Ready Attack
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:13 am

Roderick turns to Royster. "Good thinking, Sergeant. You hold the door, and I will help deal with this flying canvas witch."
Double Move upstairs. If he encounters Toruk, he asks him for some magical protection (Mage Armor). Rod will stop at the topmost stairs and look around before exiting - he won't just charge out blindly. Cutlass readied, Opportune parry and riposte is activated.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:54 pm

Round 6 Gragol 27, Maggie 17, Buccaneers Red 17, Roderick 16, Toruk 15, Guards 11, Isabella 9, Buccaneer Green 3
Roderick agrees with the captain, and suspects that Gragol, Royster, and a guard can hold the door for now. He races to the ladder and scales up into the first floor along with Maggie.

Toruk, with Sandara near at hand....
You can go up 1 level at a time so you are Level 1 now...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Tue May 01, 2018 2:46 pm

Breathing heavily but feeling slightly better than a few moments ago, "Can you spare some more? I'd like to get back to the roof. That flying bitch is proving to be quite the nemesis!"
Receive more healing if available, Start back up if not.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Mass Combat: Round 7

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 01, 2018 6:54 pm

Round 7 Gragol 27, Maggie 17, Buccaneers Red 17, Roderick 16, Toruk 15, Guards 11, Isabella 9, Buccaneer Green 3
Sandara nods, "Hold still!" She channels a minor spell into Toruk, "I can do that once more, but that's it for now." She pushes Toruk almost,"Go get up there, I'm coming too." Toruk takes off up the stairs a bit ahead of Sandara.

Your guards are reloading ballista, shooting and missing at the witch Isabella, or holding the door with Royster. That's when Isabella's summon finally appears. A large flaming dog appears, a hell hound, it howls and then breaths a cone of fire on two of the guards burning then each rather seriously. Isabella then lands, the hound behind her, and she strikes out at the newly arrived guard but he manages to duck the blow luckily. Up the side of the tower a host of pirates scale upwards step by step.

Gragol and Maggie...
Guard 3,4 Reload Ballista
Guard 5,6 Shoot Isabella 17 Miss, 17 Miss
Guard 1 Reaches Roof
Guard 2, 5ft Ready Attack
Sandara: CLW Toruk + 8
Toruk: Up
Isabella's Summon Monster Works: Hell Hound: Fire Breath 10ft Cone: 4 Dmg, Ref Saves: 4 Fail, 7 Fail = 4 Dmg Each
Isabella Lands: Attacks #1: 14 Miss
Green- Cimb 15ft Up Side of Tower

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Fri May 04, 2018 3:50 am

Gragol takes Rod's previous spot in front of the door and waits for the oppotunity to cut anyone who comes inside.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 07, 2018 4:19 pm

"Huzzah!"

Taking some liberties for those obvious events, like Rod moving up again, etc.
Gragol moves to fill the gap at the door, while Maggie scales the stairs among the items in the tower. Behind her not far comes Roderick as well. The enemy at the door press in, and are hacked up by Gragol and Royster. One of them manages to stab your guard lightly before he too is hacked up and falls at the door.

Your guards fight on, those atop the tower turn their focus on the Hell Hounds. Two engage in melee, now flanking and a longsword hacks the side of the thing. While a few crossbow bolts some zipping into it, one slamming into the side of the beast. The guards are doing pretty good against the summoned flaming dog of death. The lone guard near Isabella misses badly.

Toruk...
Gragol Move Ready
Maggie Up
Red: A few get hacked up, but lightly Wound #2
Rod: Move Up
6: Drop, Draw, Attack HH: 15 Miss
5: Drop Draw/Move, Attack HH (Flank) 23 Hit for 9
3: Move Shoot HH 11 Miss
4: Move Shoot HH 22 Hit for 7
1: Attack Isabella 10 Miss

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Tue May 08, 2018 1:57 pm

Toruk continues his frantic pace and ascends the tower stairs. Finally, he emerges and is surprised to find his flying nemesis landed! "Besmara's tits! You finally found your spine and decided to join us!" Blue hued energy begins to circle his hand as he reaches out to grasp her on the wrist.
Move: Up to Roof
Standard: Cast Shocking Grasp on Isabella (Sheet Updated)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Mass Combat: Round 8

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 08, 2018 2:35 pm

Round 7 Gragol 27, Maggie 17, Buccaneers Red 17, Roderick 16, Toruk 15, Guards 11, Isabella 9, Buccaneer Green 3

Round 8 Gragol 27, Maggie 17, Buccaneers Red 17, Roderick 16, Toruk 15, Guards 11, Isabella 9, Buccaneer Green 3

Making obvious posts for people
Toruk scales the stairs and stops at the very top, behind him Sandara pauses. She reaches out and lays a hand on his back and continues to heal him his wounds. Toruk spots Isabella and quips at her, reaches out, and channels a burst of lightning from his hand through her blade into her body and down her legs. She shakes and shudders from the shocking grasp from Toruk. Her hair smokes, and her skin almost seems to peal. She's in bad shape now.

She laughs, "Oh I'm going to enjoy this my blue skinned friend." One of her tattoos, of a long sea snake animates, and comes to life, it lifts off her body and is flooded with necrotic energy about to reach out and strike Toruk. But something goes wrong, the serpent's black power turns white and frosty and chills the woman who curses Besmara and the dark gods as her spell fizzles and backfires on her coating her in a thin layer of frost.

Outside on the tower the buccaneers make good progress up the side of the tower, while inside Maggie makes progress up the stairs to another level. Gragol holds the door, his Urgosh swinging around and making ready to strike. More enemies press into the chamber, while Gragol and Royster manage to hack down a few of them. One makes it inside, and stabs Royster in the leg lightly.

Roderick scales the tower among the crowded rooms.

Toruk...
Toruk: Move, Shocking Grasp Isabella 15 vs Touch Success: 22 Dmg!!!!!
Sandara: Move, CLW Toruk: + 8 Healed
Isabella: Her Snake Tattooe Animates: Vampiric Touch on Toruk: Melee Touch "1" (Fumble: 12) Fumble Spell! Cold Snap: Take 2d6 (4) cold dmg.
Green: Scale Tower

Combat Round 8
Gragol: Ready and Hold Door
Maggie: Up!
Red: 2 Dead, another makes it in and lighty wounds Royster

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Mass Combat: Round 8

Post by Eilandor » Tue May 08, 2018 2:51 pm

Toruk laughs as the opposing caster's hair begins to smoke, "Ha! How do you like it!" His smile fades when she starts to conjure up another trick of her own that he is unable to recognize. A small amount of fear creeps in before he realizes she has miscast, something he does recognize. Hand enveloped in electrical energy again, he reaches out to transfer some more pain.
Standard: (CoD) Cast Shocking Grasp on Isabella (Sheet Updated)