Book 3 - Act 1: Perilous Waters

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Book 3 - Act 1: Perilous Waters

Post by GuyWithSword » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:01 am

Meri has gotten a bit more used to life with land-creatures, but she still lacks much of the knowledge about who is who and who hates whom. "So umm...who are the Cheliax? and why do we hate them? Are we going to go kill those people over there?"

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:27 am

"They are a bunch of tyrants who fornicate with devils." Flavinia doesn't quite believe that, but she says it anyway. "Slavery, human sacrifice, fiendish pacts, barter with souls, the world would be well rid of their infernal thrice damned Queen and her Hellknights, they eat babies, they do."

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:56 am

"Ahh...do you think they've taken my sister? I hope she is not a slave right now. I would be MOST upset. Now, how do we want to proceed? I have some skill in ship construction...and I can be underwater for any length of time. Is there some sort of sabotage I can do ahead of time?"

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:00 pm

"On that ship? Doubtful" Flavinia shakes her head. "Most likely that ship is just a merchantman, even evil empires are mostly built on the backs of ordinary folk who just want to put food on the table, might be slaves working it. Suspicion of slavery is an even better reason for boarding than fun and plunder".

"other chelaxians might have taken your sister, so might a great many other sorts of people"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Prepare to be Boarded!

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:27 pm

The captain gives the order, attack!

All hands on deck, your ship tacks to an intercept course. Your helmsmen is better than theirs, and you close the gap to the ship in a matter of an hour. Finally coming into range you fire a few of your ballista into the rigging of the enemy ship slowing it even more. Captain Roderick turns over the wheel to Rosie as he moves down to the railing as you come within boarding range. You are almost there, just a few more moments and your grappling hooks will go over the side...

You guys beat them on the sailing tests.

You have 2 round for prep spells then I'll roll initiative for a boarding party. We will focus on PCs vs Officers and your NPCS vs their NPCs will be determined by your success.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Prepare to be Boarded!

Post by Grimbold » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:06 pm

"Get ready!" Rod draws his rapier and grins merrily at the prospect of battle.
No spells but if anyone wants to buff him, go ahead.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Prepare to be Boarded!

Post by Othniel » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:56 am

In quick preparation, Seroneth unleashes a pair of spells - one for herself, and the other she shares with her allies. She then draws her blade Vengeance, and a thrill of anticipation runs down her spine. "Ready, my pet?" she asks the blade.

Always, comes the answer.
Mirror Image on Self. Haste on everyone plus some random NPC I guess? I can do 7 people.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Prepare to be Boarded!

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:27 am

Soaking wet from the bucket of salt water that he just dumped over his head Xie mutters a prayer and casts ice armor on himself. He grabs his glaive and gets ready to board the enemy's ship. "Let's take these devil fornicators down!"
cast ice armor

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:55 pm

Mage armor being hours per level, Flavinia did that already methinks, as per previous post.
So Fly on herself, and then Fly on Xie. Maybe Fly one someone else than herself?
"Don't want you in the water, can't have all that flailing followed by drowning!" Flavinia teases as she casts a fly spell for the clumsy cleric and transfers it by patting him on the head as if he were a child, something she seems to think very funny.

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:40 am

Meri protects herself with a shield spell, forming a see-through oval-shaped forcefield in front of her. The mermaid also uses a cantrip to raise her resistances a little bit. "Thanks for making me faster. I appreciate it!" she says in response to the Haste.
Already have Mage Armor as it is hours/level. Cast Shield for +4 AC. Cast cantrip Resistance for +1 to all saves