Book 3 - Act 1: Perilous Waters

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Re: Book 3 - Act 1: Perilous Waters

Post by Othniel » Fri May 01, 2020 5:12 am

Seroneth, on the other hand, doesn't care about the floundering Chelish man and goes about collecting arms from any enemy sailors smart enough to lay them down. She has mixed feelings: One one hand, the battle was over swiftly with seemingly little loss on their side. On the other, she craved bloodshed.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Spoils of War

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 01, 2020 3:20 pm

One of the sailors replies to Meri, "Not when pirate witches call down unholy lightning from their finger tips. Stand with me toe to toe, blade to blade, and it would be different story you under sea abomination!"

Your crew boards the merchant ship and knocks sailors over, kicks those that resist a bit, and otherwise act as rather uncouth folks; they are raiding pirates who didn't get a chance to fight. Some of your crew is more honorable than others, but for a few moments its rather ugly to see your crew mistreat the 'enemy' that you've attacked, but no one is serious hurt. Then your crew swarms below deck to plunder.

Rod gives more orders and then loots the captain finding a few items of interest.

Flavina takes to the air and zooms down into the sea an scoops up the waterlogged Chelish Marine and hoists him up to the deck depositing him safely among his peers.

Your crew comes back with a good haul, the ship was carrying large amounts of gain, several tons worth. Among that, after a bit more searching they also come away with a stash of gems. All in all a decent enough haul for one of your first raids as the Wicked Wench.

You get 3 Points of Plunder (Grain and Gems)

Captain: Potion Fox's Cunning, Cloak of Resistance +1, Chelish Naval Officer's Gold Embroidered Sash, Epaulets, and Bicorne Hat (350gp total value)

Added to the loot sheet
Also please remember to use the Editor or the "Full Editor & Preview" button or the "Submit" button but NOT the Post Reply one. When you use the Post Reply button it reset the Subject all the way to hte Chapter Title, and we loose the current subject. Thanks.[/.gm]
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Spoils of War

Post by Zorbeltuss » Fri May 01, 2020 8:43 pm

"Now that's just rude" Flavinia mockingly admonishes the Chelaxian "Also, she doesn't have any toes, and swords are for little men with something to compensate for."
Actually, methinks you have to manually put the title in the subject field. At least I get Re: Book 3 blah blah blaah in there by default, regardless of method

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Spoils of War

Post by Othniel » Sat May 02, 2020 12:59 am

"So where does that leave me?" Seroneth asks Flavinia. She flashes her sword at the other woman and favors her with a wink.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Spoils of War

Post by Grimbold » Sat May 02, 2020 3:50 pm

Rod waves his blade vaguely. "Well," he grins. "I think that is unfair. If I were not married, I would show you that it is not true. Anyway, they are elegant weapons, from a more civilized time." He shrugs. "I guess that should go to you, Meri." He hands Meri the cloak and the potion. Then he looks at the uniform. "Might that come in handy one day, I wonder? I think we should keep it. Maybe we will have to dress as Chelish some time."

His leg is better, now that he has pulled out the bolt. "Can anyone heal me?"

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Spoils of War

Post by Zorbeltuss » Sat May 02, 2020 5:02 pm

"It isn't cheating if you're only flashing the goods" Flavinia quips with a mock hunger in her eyes. She happily lead men on to nowhere given half a chance. But she did enjoy salacious banter oh so very much.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Spoils of War

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Sat May 02, 2020 9:04 pm

Xie takes a backseat as the crew banters away, his quiet side taking over as he helps the crew transfer the plunder.
Sorry i haven't posted, this new job I got is crazy busy at the moment.

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Book 3 - Act 1: Perilous Waters

Post by GuyWithSword » Sun May 03, 2020 10:48 pm

Meri snorts. "Unholy lightning eh? I see you Cheliaxians are as uncouth as the others have told me. Luckily for you, I'm in a decent mood today, so I won't zap you for your insolence."

She takes the cloak, and tries it on. "Feels nice. Hope it doesn't get in the way when I swim. As for the potion, I guess I don't mind it, but does someone else need it more?"

Regarding swords, she giggles. "Well, many of the crew do have sword, and I can tell that some of them definitely are not compensating for something. Swords are fun enough to play with, but the might of the elements is pure majesty..."

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Spoils of War

Post by Zorbeltuss » Sun May 03, 2020 11:35 pm

"Slut" Flavinia mutters, mostly to herself, as she rolls her eyes.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Spoils of War

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 04, 2020 5:16 pm

The ship is earning its name, The Wicked Wench with each conversation.

It takes a few hours, but all of the plunder is moved from ship to ship. Your crew strips the others of their valuables, and the wounded are tended to. Now it comes to the choice, what to do with the Chelaxian Crew and ship.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring