Book 3 - Act 1: Perilous Waters

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Book 3 - Act 1: Perilous Waters

Post by Zorbeltuss » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:31 am

"Sore looser!" Quips Flavinia, rather loudly.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:22 pm

"Come on, friend!" Rod exclaims, smiling widely, "It was luck, this time Besmara smiled on me, next time, she'll favor you. Let me buy you a drink in the town's best tavern tonight."

He is ready to dodge an attack if necessary, though, happy to feel the dagger in his boot.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:17 pm

Oh a fight is coming, but Tsdok isn't putting himself in danger.

"One challenge left, the most important one. Battle", he shouts. "This one is easy, your crew must come ashore, only your officers, up to four, may assist. If you can defend your ship, then we shall proceed from there. If you can't, well, that's on you."

Your crew is made sure to be ashore, and you are able to position yourselves around the ship as you like, but only four of you, one of the core will have to stay away. (Flavina, Meri, Roderick, Seroneth or Xie) Once you are set Tsdok has a massive covered cage rolled up next to the dock next to your ship. The crowd moves way back.

Once you are set he yanks on the rope pulling the cover off....
I'm guessing someone is inactive at this point, so the first 4 people to reply are the four involved.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:36 pm

"Ah, finally something more my style," Seroneth quips, resting a hand upon Vengeance's pommel.

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:23 am

"So what you think? He's so pissed at us that he's bringing out what nobody else could possibly handle, or we get an easy fight?" Flavinia seems rather excited, as she always seems to be until things actually gets dangerous. "Wouldn't be many real pirates if everyone had to face something that would be a challenge for us!"
Cast on self: Mage Armor, Fly, Invisibility.
Planned combat opener (ready action?): Haste.
Last edited by Zorbeltuss on Thu May 13, 2021 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Wed May 12, 2021 10:04 am

"I am ready. Bring on whatever grotesque beast you have found! Maybe it is going to be more of a challenge." Rod grins. The captain weighs his harpoon in his hand, and his rapier is ready in his belt. With his fancy tricorn had, his expensive, but worn out clothing, a captain's jacket, his cumberbund and a (off) white shirt, his black, tight trousers and his extravagant boots he looks very much the pirate.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Repelling Boarders: Round 1

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 17, 2021 8:41 pm

Once you are in position some of Tsdok's men roll over a large wheeled and covered cage. They place the covered cage on the dock adjacent to your boat. Tsdok walks over to it, "Survive!" Then he yanks the cover from the cage and you see a hideously ugly and rather obese marsh giant trapped within. There is a roar from the crowd, it would seem they know this beast. Many are calling out, and start chanting its name, "Fishpork! Fishpork! Fishpork! Fishpork!" He, it turns out, is a rather well lighted favorite from among Port Peril's fighting arenas.

Tsdok opens the latch and orders Fishpork to :...attack the ship and leave no one standing!" Then he hurries away back to the main land to avoid being hurt.
Fishpork! Fishpork! Fishpork!
So jus tto be clear, he's basically on the dock right next to your ship. I'm going to not do a map just to keep things easier on me.

You need to tell me where on the ship you are. Everyone is on the main deck. Are you:

Bow, Midship, Stern, or something else like Rigging/Crows Nest, or Below Decks

Fishpork starts On Dock, Midship

Distances Figure a Move from one section to another, unless you are going up or down, then its double move for the climbing, etc.
Round 1 Seroneth 23, Rod 20, Flavina 16, Meri 12, Fishpork 9
Your crew....
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Mon May 17, 2021 11:52 pm

Having elected to doff her fancy new coat somewhere safe, Seroneth draws Vengeance twirled the blade, magically enhancing the edge. She mutters a few words and then disappears!
Starting midSwift Action to spend an arcane point and give Vengeance the Keen weapon ability, increasing my threat range to 15-20. Standard Action to cast Vanish (lasts 5 rounds). Then I'll move just slightly closer and to the side so I'm not in LOS from any caster to the giant, but close enough to attack next round.) Would also like a knowledge check if possible.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Tue May 18, 2021 7:21 am

"Well, that's a big fish to catch!" Rod smiles. He turns to his crew. "Let's show him, what our crew is made of! Bring him down! Protect the ship!"
With that, he throws his harpoon at the giant, hoping to tangle him somehow, and then draws his rapier, Brimesting.
Standard: Throw harpoon at giant
Move: draw rapier
prepare opportune parry and riposte, if he is attacked.

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Thu May 20, 2021 6:43 am

Flavinia makes some gestures nobody sees, speaks some words in a language nobody understands, or at least she does not, they just come to her, and everyone moves faster, isn't that grand?
Cast haste,flying behind Rodrik