Book 3 - Act 1: Perilous Waters

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Book 3 - Act 1: Perilous Waters

Post by Zorbeltuss » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:41 pm

"Have you figured out how to cure hangovers yet?" Flavinia quips at Xie, ever requesting such a thing whenever they were at port...because, hangovers weren't fun.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Rickety Squibs: Shore Leave (7 Days)

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:45 pm

Roderick and Meri join Rickety and the trio are soon debating repairs and squib options. Roderick and Rickety seems to be on really good terms, I mean Rod was instrumental in saving Rickety's from disaster, that always helps. Meri adds much to the conversation and once Rod is finished with the talk of what squibbing and more is to be done he leave Meri to haggle over the price of the plunder and loot you have collected.

Xie heads down to the beach to do some fishing and finds a few locals playing nine pins nearby. Maybe its the heat, the distraction of the men playing, or just the location but Xie manages to catch nothing but some rays, getting a nice tan, but no fish. [Survival 12 Fail]

The day passes, you watch from the windows or the beach as The Thresher is brought in from the bay and put up into dry dock. It could take a week or more to get her ship shape the way you want her so you settle in for some shore leave.
See OOC for info.

So options while on shore leave so we don't spend too long doing this. Plus your own thoughts, think of something we can roll some dice for.

Nine Pin Tournament
Fishing / Hunting in the Jungle
Training / Crafting / Tattoos
You could aid in the Sqibbing to try and speed it up
Drinking, Whoring, Relaxing, basically nothing productive
Gambling or Pirate Games: viewtopic.php?f=716&t=6843#p249038
Hire New Crew (you have 21 but could go up to 40)
Rumor Gathering (Buried Treasure, Meri's Sister, Personal Plot Stuff)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:20 am

I think I would like to try recruiting, but I'm not sure my Orator feat (which lets me use Diplomacy for improving attitudes) actually applies here, unless V rules that it does.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:41 pm

Seems like the perfect thing to apply here.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:07 am

While some of the others focus their talents upon impressing the crowd, Seroneth takes it upon herself in her role of first mate to recruit more sailors. Setting out the ship's book which contained all of the names and signatures (or marks for those who were illiterate), the elven woman waited until Flavinia had played her part and then began to invite the crowd to sign on to their venture.
All right then, let's go with a Diplomacy roll at +19 using Linguistics. ^_^

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:18 pm

After discussing the deal with Rickety, Rod joins the crowd and gets himself a drink. Then he pays someone a drink and chats with her.
Drinking, spend up to 100gp on getting rumors, talking to different people, buying them drinks etc.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:49 pm

Xie approaches the group of locals playing nine pin and looks on with a smile on his face as they play, learning and trying to understand how the game is played.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:20 pm

Rod, after trying to find out rumors, sits down with his officers. "We need a new name for the ship. My first idea was to use the name of our new found ship's head and call it Besmara's Bones. But if you got a good idea, please tell us. Maybe we can do better."

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:29 pm

"I vote for sexy" Flavinia declares as if there would be no doubt about that part "Trying to outdo one another in being scary or honoring Besmara is just so unoriginal."

"Fun sexy, though, like The Wicked Wench. Not the sort of thing that could be spawned by the shallow imaginations of adolescent boys after their first chug of real rum."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:18 am

"Meaning no slight to the Black Lady, for she deserves her due," Seroneth begins, "I would wager there is more than one ship similarly named. I second something like Flavinia's suggestion. I have a couple of suggestions myself such as The Sea Nymph or Selkie’s Conceit."