Book 3 - Act 1: Perilous Waters

The shipping lanes of Golarion's seas and oceans are filled with fat merchant vessels laden with trade goods both mundane and exotic, as well as the pirates and freebooters who prey on them. Under the banner of their Hurricane King, these buccaneers sally forth from that archipelago of lawless pirate ports and anchorages known as the Shackles, plundering the shipping of countless countries and trade consortiums, then vanishing back into the maze of islands and reefs they call home. The nations of the Inner Sea would like nothing more than to end the pirate menace once and for all, but the eternal hurricane known as the Eye of Abendego has thus far shielded the Free Captains of the Shackles from the threat of retaliation.

In the Skull & Shackles Adventure Path, the PCs take on the role of pirates, but they must make a name for themselves in piracy, plunder, and disrepute to truly become infamous Free Captains of the Shackles.

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate King Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Wicked Wench

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:38 pm

The week passes as the ship is finished being squibbed. A few things transpire over the week. Six new crewmen are hired on, including the islands Nine Pine Champion. After a short tournament where Xie enters into the mix Tall John decides he's had enough here and needs to challenge himself, and with players like Xie out there he figures it will give sailing with you a shot. Xie's performance in the Nine Pins event is good, he takes home second place, and a small purse of gold coins to boot. Your mermaid doesn't spend much time among the crew, she's busy entertaining the folks at Rickey's or is found swimming in the bay, she's restless, a desire to be on your way to search for her sister nags at her. Still there is nothing to do but wait.

Eventually the ship is done, and the new name is emblazoned across the prow "The Wicked Wench" and she's a fine looking ship. So with a new christening you load into the newly designed ship and wave your good byes from the prow to the folks of Rickey Squibs.

Xie Plays Nine Pins:

Xie Dex Roll 20
vs Henry Smithson 14

Xie Wins Round 1
Xie Dex Roll 12
vs "Tall John" Oakheart 20

Xie comes in second place: Wins 25 Gold
(sheet updated)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

The Wicked Wench

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:47 pm

Happy to have made new friends and a bit of coin on the side, Xie returns to the vessel with John alongside, he welcomes the new crew member and makes introductions with the rest of the crew.

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

The Wicked Wench

Post by Grimbold » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:12 pm

Rod calls in a meeting of all the officers. "Well, we have a good ship now, so what do we do. I picked up a rumor about a crystal dodo. Does anyone know more of this? Where should we start? Or do you have any better plans? Where could we ask for information to find Meri's sister?"

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

The Wicked Wench

Post by Othniel » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:05 am

"If it's information you crave, there is no better source in the Shackles than the House of Stolen Kisses in Quent," Seroneth suggests. "Information is bought and sold there behind the guise of a Calistrian temple."

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

The Wicked Wench

Post by Zorbeltuss » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:01 pm

"How could we possibly pass up a grand masquerade in Port Peril?" Flavinia's response is of the predictable sort, fancying herself in the prized gown.

Grimbold

The Wicked Wench

Post by Grimbold » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:59 am

"So should we travel to Port Peril first or take your lead to Quent? Hmmm." Rod ponders.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

The Wicked Wench

Post by Othniel » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:15 pm

"I am fine with either order," Seroneth answers serenely. "But neither is exactly on the way to the other. We must sail west and north along the mainland, and then choose either east to Port Peril or west to Quent. I will say I believe both destinations will be fruitful, and recommend visiting both."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Wicked Wench

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:41 pm

Rosie pulls up a seat, "If you ask me, and you bloody well did, I say its time we make a real name for ourselves. Everyone knows the best way to do that is to gain official recognition as Free Captains of the Shackles! Shit yeah, righto?" She stands up and paces around the cabin, We have to haul our arses to Port Peril and demand from the Hurricane King Kerdak Bonefist equal seats at the table!"
You can certainly explore your rumors and personal plots, but you'll never be more than some random pirates until you become a Free Captain. You have enough infamy and disrepute to take it a possibility. We can sail around, being pirates if you like, but for a major plot you want to head to listen to Rosie.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold

The Wicked Wench

Post by Grimbold » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:11 pm

"That's a word! I say we do this. We can do this." Rod says, excited.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

The Wicked Wench

Post by Othniel » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:42 am

"Port Peril first then, I suppose." The elf woman smiles. "Perhaps we can visit Quent to celebrate our fortune then. But we shouldn't forget about Meri's sister. Family is more important than glory, though the latter is all I have left."