Prelude: My Big Fat Geek Wedding

Ever wondered what it would be like to experience a Zombie Holocaust? Enjoy reading or watching The Walking Dead? Feel like killing you some Zombies? Just want to play a damned game at Brennor's? Then Outbreak: Undead "Black Rain" is the game for you! Set in the Romero-esque town of Indiana, Pennsylvania, Outbreak Undead: Black Rain is a game in which you create "YOU" yourself as a character and then select a profession you so desire within the town's limits (nobody wants the same sucky job they got now do they?) and enjoy the madness and mayhem of a Zombie Apocalypse as it unfolds.Run by GM Eanwulf
Tarciryan
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Prelude: My Big Fat Geek Wedding

Post by Tarciryan » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:01 am

Kenny looks for anything to repair his hangover and keep his newfound high company. He needs a beer. "Matt? Beer!"

"...the air created the greenness...which led to...otherness..." he chuckles, mostly to himself.
“Wizards die the same as other men, once you cut their heads off.”
-Desmond

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:40 am

Jason and Kenny group together at the bar, searching for signs of the slush coming down outside on the news. Matt appears to be busy enjoying his breakfast, so Allison fumbles about for the remote. In time, she clicks on a nearby television and then slides the control across the top of the counter towards Jason. "Here hon," the woman proclaims playfully, "Not too loud though, OK?"

Outside the bar, an occasional car can be seen puttering about the road in the rain. Likewise, some unlucky person or group of people is seen sprinting down the sidewalk as fast as they safely can with their faces tightly covered and trying their best to not get drenched by the rain in the bitter cold. All in all however, the local populace's concern with the grayish slush is apparently very nominal. So much in fact, that several of the local patrons snicker and tease the two curious friends about their concerns.

"I told you man, a fucking conspiracy was going to be next! HAHA! He's too rich!"

The local television shows nothing about the rain, then again it's still early and there is no idea how long the slush has even been coming down; other than tweets that is. Fumbling about the channels yields similar results, or lack thereof.
First tweet you found was about 8 am or so. It's currently 8:35 am.

Most syndicated morning shows don't kick in until about 9 am and then the morning news at 11. The 6 am report has already broadcast.

The Weather channel shows snow flurries and light precipitation in the general region, but no comments about discolored snow, etc.
As the two men channel surf, the other Kenny suddenly realizes what time it is. He then glances down to his cell phone. "27 missed calls!" shrieks the newlywed bachelor in fright. "I'm so up shit's creek!"
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:04 pm

Jason looks over at Kenny, the married one, and smiles. He does not even say anything, wondering what the guy was thinking in the first place. Jason takes a drink of his whiskey and flips the channel.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Gabrian
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Gabrian » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:22 am

"Oh yeah, run home in the weird snow. I'm sure you'll be fine," Matt snorts into his freshly made coffee, "You might want to have some of this first," he says, pointing to the fresh pot.

"Anything about your weird snow guys? It's super interesting."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:26 am

Jason frowns at Matt, "Not yet, genius." He polishes off the next glass of whiskey. "I wonder if those bastards in Hiroshima made fun of the first person who saw black snow. Then they were all growing arms out of theirs heads, or were incinerated." He grunts, waving at Matt to fill his glass again.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:24 am

The other Kenny doesn't even bother responding to anyone, or to even check his phone calls for that matter. He simply continues to look utterly afraid of missing his wife's phone calls, and in time, gathers up his belongings and two of his friends then heads to the door. "Sorry guys," proclaims the worried noob to marriage, most likely sober enough now to drive home if not by out of sheer fright alone, "It's been a blast, but the wife 'needs' me." Several of the patrons immediately bust into laughter upon hearing the other Kenny's sudden and ironically falsified proclamation; knowing damned well that the whipped young lad is most likely in for a world of hurt whenever he gets home. The sounds of their laughter is still heard well after the guy has left the bar and scampered off to find his car.

Meanwhile, Matt passes about the pot of coffee to whomever would have some. He then leans back against the bar and watches on as Jason and Kenneth (now Kenny once more) flips through the channels.
So far nothing about the snow/rain/slush. It is our prelude as well, so no 'outbreak' just yet. The simple fact that you're wary about what's going on is enough reason to have fun winding things down and wrapping up to the next section/chapter. I'm trying to do the same with our other group, but they have one last thing to encounter in the mean time. Feel free to have fun and I'll react/respond accordingly.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:24 pm

Purposefully, knowing Jason, he stops the TV on HSN.

'This diamond, look at the sparkle! You will never see another deal like this. We have ten, no eight, of them left. They are going quick. So call in now, don't miss this offer!'

Jason laughs at this, waiting to be served more booze. He would grab it himself, but Matt has been a big baby this morning.

Tarciryan
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Tarciryan » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:51 pm

Kenny The Unmarried laughs with Jason at the diamonds.

"Reminds me of Blue Collar Comedy. They quoted an ad saying "Diamonds. Render her speechless."...just go right ahead and say what you mean. "Diamonds. That will shut her up!".

He chuckles. "Seriously, I need a beer. Did you know that a thousand years ago, in Scandianavia, any farmer who did not brew beer for christmas was fined half a cow the first year. If he still did not brew beer he was exiled and his farm split between the king and the local bishop. All this was written down in the laws of that time. Fuck Magna Carta, the vikings knew what they were doing."
“Wizards die the same as other men, once you cut their heads off.”
-Desmond

Gabrian
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Gabrian » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:44 pm

Matt sips his coffee casually as he moves behind the bar, grabbing drinks for patrons at his own pace.

"So now that the end of the world has been avoided, what's on the agenda fellas? Sit around and drink more?" he says, half taunting and half wanting the business to keep coming in on these off hours.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:34 pm

Jason chuckles at Kenny, "I have to work tomorrow," he says, "So I suppose I will drink here until about noon, then go home and pass out." He yawns, "Might take HeyMan for a walk if this black slush falling from the sky stops."