Book 1: Chapter 1 - A Game Afoot in Stormreach

Eberron is a world of pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows.

In the wake of a long and terrible war, a world struggles to find its destiny. Will it descend once more into brutal conflict and end in spectacular annihilation, or will the world emerge at last into a new era of peace and prosperity? One group of heroes hopes to make Eberron a better place. The Grey Company, formed by a collection of heroes recruits new members to their growing ranks -- you among them.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Re: Combat Over

Post by Scout89 » Thu May 08, 2014 3:57 pm

Helion dismounts and checks Shakti's wounds. Then he places his hands on the raptor's wounds. He puts his finger on one of Shakti's teeth and presses it down until a drop of his blood runs over the wound. A golden light can be seen and soon the wound looks better. Shakti tries opening and closing his mouth a few times before nodding with his big head.
HELION: Cast Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon on Shakti to recover 1d10+2 hit points.
"So I guess it's time for this guy to start talking, right, boss?" he says addressing Oloven.
A.K.A. Tvrod.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu May 08, 2014 5:28 pm

'Let's wait until these two here are back with us' Oloven points to Fletcher and Werz. 'I have a feeling they will want to chat with our slaver here'

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Fri May 09, 2014 5:04 pm

As Fletcher regains his vision, he is once again able to put voices to faces. He also catches Werz in his peripheral, and he has not come to yet. "Thank the maker, we were both under the spell." He moves his arms around and checks the rest of his faculties then steps off the stage to join the others.

"So, what do we have here?"
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 09, 2014 6:35 pm

Helion: Rejuv Eidonlon: +7 Healed
Helion dismounts and checks on Shakti's wounds. They are rather significant so he draws his own blood and summons a power to heal the Eidolon. A few moments later the creatures wounds are mostly healed, there is a bruise and it stiff and sore but the danger is past for Shakti.

A few moments later Fletcher (and Werz) are mobile again, and the group leans over the 'slaver'. Plutivarch looks up, a sneer on his face, "You are lucky, I will give you that. I would have been rich turning you over to the Black Wheel or the Crimson Codex. Fools." He is disarmed of course, but as a spell caster might have more tricks up his sleeve. "So gullible, a few people go missing, and you and the Stormreach Guard are duped into believing there are slavers about, from Lhazzar no less! Ahahahaha."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Mon May 12, 2014 8:00 pm

Shakti puts his head close to Plutivarch's, making sure to show all his deadly teeth. "Mind your manners. You're irritating him. Better tie his hands too, boss."
A.K.A. Tvrod.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Tue May 13, 2014 11:05 am

"So then tell us scum!" Werz bullies the man. "where have they gone and who messed with their minds?"
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 13, 2014 8:47 pm

Plutivarch leans away from Shakti and Helion, clearly intimidated. Then Werz leans in on him. "I have no idea! I certainly had nothing to do with it. My goal was to capitalize on the chaos from it to make some money by grabbing up some of you. This upstart Grey Company you are part up has pissed up a few of the more established merc companies already in Stormreach." Werz pressures him more but its clear he really has no idea about the missing people. He's a liar and a criminal, just taking advantage of the situation to try and make some coin for himself.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Tue May 13, 2014 9:09 pm

Fletcher has seen enough interrogations to know this man has nothing more that can help them. Varying levels of stress between competing mercenary outfits was to be expected.

"I think we're done here. I suggest you not cross us again, Let him go Werz."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue May 13, 2014 9:55 pm

"Hold on a moment." Oloven quickly interrupts. "This man is a criminal. He must be taken to the authorities. The Stormreach Guard sent us out here, we should bring him back to them." He stared at Plutivarch for a moment and then continues, "I will not let him go without the correct punishment."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

One More Criminal Off The Streets

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 14, 2014 6:43 pm

Oloven is right, he's a crook, a criminal and was going to try and sell you to a competing organization -- that sounds like slavery. So Oloven binds his hands, double checks the rope, and has him standing up ready to haul off to the Stormreach Guard and Constable Jute unless someone argue with the cleric.