Book 1: Chapter 1 - A Game Afoot in Stormreach

Eberron is a world of pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows.

In the wake of a long and terrible war, a world struggles to find its destiny. Will it descend once more into brutal conflict and end in spectacular annihilation, or will the world emerge at last into a new era of peace and prosperity? One group of heroes hopes to make Eberron a better place. The Grey Company, formed by a collection of heroes recruits new members to their growing ranks -- you among them.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Re: Stormreach Guard

Post by Eilandor » Thu May 22, 2014 5:43 pm

With his coin pouch a bit heavier, "It is late, but if anyone is willing, now may be a decent time to check out our other objective." The warforged is ready to go at any hour, but he is acutely aware that his companions require rest.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Thu May 22, 2014 8:17 pm

"Other objective? I wasn't informed of it."
A.K.A. Tvrod.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu May 22, 2014 9:21 pm

Oloven stretches his arms high into the air, "Might as well, I am not all too tired just yet."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Thu May 22, 2014 9:24 pm

The warforged eyes the new recruit, "Well let's go then, we can inform you along the way."

Fletcher turns the the shifter, "Werz! Come on, I know you are always ready to move on the next thing."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Giant's Span At Night

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 22, 2014 9:51 pm

So that's the decision. The group leaves the Stormreach Guard and travels across the Harbor District back to the edge of the Giant's Span where the ruins of the ancient bridge dominate the sky line. Your mission, to find the Shard with one of the massive bridge pilings known as The Crow. With the cover of darkness you might now be able to swim or row out across the harbor to your goal.

Check: S,T,U locations for recent info.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Re: The Giant's Span At Night

Post by Eilandor » Thu May 22, 2014 9:56 pm

As the group walks Fletcher explains the nature of their prime directive to Helion. Nearing the docks he looks around for a small boat the the owner wouldn't miss until morning.

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Fri May 23, 2014 11:58 pm

"And how are we supposed to climb all the way up there? It seems to be a very smooth wall".
A.K.A. Tvrod.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Mon May 26, 2014 12:35 pm

Werz as always is keen to move on, and the restless shifter is quick to scamper on and detect a useful vessel for their nigh time foray.

He returns to the group shortly and reports back on two small boats that look like good prospects. In reply to the halfling he offers.

"It won't be easy... we had a mage last we came here, now we have a your flying friend for starters?"
Big Pimpin...

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Mon May 26, 2014 3:17 pm

"Barisht won't be able to take us up there. He's not strong enough. But he can take a rope up there and tie it somewhere. I guess we can try that."
A.K.A. Tvrod.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Mon May 26, 2014 7:12 pm

"Try to get the more sturdy of the two boats" Oloven notes, pointing to his armor. "I could see some problems arising if it were to tip"