Book 1: Chapter 1 - A Game Afoot in Stormreach

Eberron is a world of pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows.

In the wake of a long and terrible war, a world struggles to find its destiny. Will it descend once more into brutal conflict and end in spectacular annihilation, or will the world emerge at last into a new era of peace and prosperity? One group of heroes hopes to make Eberron a better place. The Grey Company, formed by a collection of heroes recruits new members to their growing ranks -- you among them.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Re: Slavers at the Puffy Pelican: Round 2

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue May 06, 2014 4:30 am

Oloven continues to beat on the thug behind the bar with his heavy mace. He knew that if he could eliminate him early, he would be able to protect his stunned teammates.
Attack thug #1 with heavy mace again. *IF he dies, Oloven will move 1x N and 1x East (in front of Fletcher).

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 06, 2014 6:13 pm

Round 2 Oloven 17, Slavers 17, Helion 8, Werz 7, Fletcher 6
Oloven finishes off the thug before him with a well placed beating to the man's head. His mace connects with the head of the thug and the man drops behind the bar like a sack of potatoes. Then Oloven moves around to shield Fletcher and Werz.

The thug that remains steps up and moves toward Helion and Shakti at the front door. As he does he ducks a stab of the halfling's lance and his now under the reach of the weapon. The thug crossbow hits the ground and his morningstar comes out. He slams it into the raptor cracking Shakti's jaw and breaking several of its teeth!

The leader of the "slavers" laughs, "You don't stand a chance!" He weaves his hands and fires off two orbs of magical power that slam into Oloven and burn hole in his flesh despite the man's heavy armor.

Helion and the seriously woulded Shakti...
Oloven: Attack Thug: 17 Hit for 10 DEAD
T2: Drop Xbow, Move/Draw, [Lance has reach: Helion AoO: 12 Miss ] Attack Shakti 21 hit for 10!
Plutarvish: MM vs Oloven: 7 Dmg

Werz and Fletcher, feel free to RP being blind and stunned a bit if you want.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Tue May 06, 2014 11:20 pm

"We'll see about that! Shred that guy to pieces, Shakti!"

Helion drops his lance and draws his sword swinging it at his foe while Shakti tries to bite and cut him.
SHAKTI
Full Attack on Thug #2

HELION
Free Action: Drop Lance
Move Action: Draw Sword
Standard Action: Attack Thug #2

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Wed May 07, 2014 4:53 pm

For Fletcher the world has gone dark. Still standing, the warforged has little control over anything else. He can hear the sounds of battle and verbal jabs back and forth, and for now hasn't been hit yet. He is now starting to understand the emotion of panic that the other races speak of. As he waits to be struck or for this effect to ware off he thinks to himself, I really don't want to hear it from Werz how I sat this one out...
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Wed May 07, 2014 5:39 pm

Oloven was now on top of Plutivarch. The new recruit seemed to be holding his own against the other thug. A long arch of his heavy mace is directed at the leader, 'How confident are you now!' Oloven taunted.
Move 1 Square south and attack plutivarch with heavy mace.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: Slavers at the Puffy Pelican: Round 3-4

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 07, 2014 7:58 pm

Round 2 Oloven 17, Slavers 17, Helion 8, Werz 7, Fletcher 6

Round 3 Oloven 17, Slavers 17,
Helion 8, Werz 7, Fletcher 6

Round 4 Oloven 17, Slavers 17, Helion 8, Werz 7, Fletcher 6

Fletcher and Werz: No Longer Blinded
Stunned Through Round 6
Helion drops his lance and draws his blade, "Rip him to pieces!" The halfling swings bit strikes the door frame in a rather embarrassing display of combat skill. But the raptor he's riding on rips into the man with both its claws. The strikes are perfectly timed, and almost deadly. Two massive gashes along the thug's chest are opened up and he staggers back screaming in pain. As he staggers back Shakti snaps with its teeth but misses by a few feet.

Then Oloven quips at the spellcaster before clubing him in the shoulder. The blow cracks something, and the slaver screams in anger and pain. "No! I will have you! I will!" He weaves his hand and a second wave of color sprays over Oloven and Werz and Fletcher in the background again. Oloven is a divinely blessed cleric, and such tricks don't work on him. After lowering his arm from shielding his eyes he smiles, unhindered by the color spray.

The badly wounded thug swings at Shakti and looks for an escape backing up until he bumps into Plutivarch the sorcerer leader of their little band. He gulps hard holding his mornignstar at the ready.

Helion and Shakti, as Werz and Fletcher get their sight back...
Helion: Attack Thug "1" (Fumble: 25) Normal Miss
Shakti Full Attack Thug 24 Hit for 7 (MAX) , "20" (Crit:"1") Normal Hit for 7 (MAX), 15 Miss
Combat Round 3
Oloven: 5ft Attack Plut: 19 Hit for 6
Thug: Attack Shakti 7 Miss , 5ft Step N
Plut: [CoD: 25 Success] Color Spray Oloven: Wil Save: 27 Success
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Re: Slavers at the Puffy Pelican: Round 3-4

Post by Scout89 » Wed May 07, 2014 8:42 pm

Helion sheathes his sword and reaches for his lance on the ground but still on the raptor's saddle showing all his prowess as a skilled rider. Then he puts his shield to the front and uses it to actively block the next incoming attacks on Shakti. "I would offer you the chance to surrender, but my brother here still has a sore jaw. And he's not the kind of raptor who let this kind of 'offense' go unpunished".
HELION:
Move Action: Reach for the lance on the ground (I suppose it would be a Fast Dismount DC 20 Ride check to make dismounting a free action. Then he'd use his move action to get back up. If the test fails, Helion will stay on foot while Shakti advances).
Standard Action: Aid Another to give a +4 (Helpful Trait) bonus on Shakti's AC versus the next attack.

SHAKTI:
Free Action: 5ft step North
Full Attack on Thug #2
"Now you, mumble-jumble swine! You better surrender quickly because this guy here is still hungry."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Combat Over

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 07, 2014 8:49 pm

Helion sheathes his sword and scoops up the lance from the ground with out any trouble. Shield in place, he nudges the dinosaur under him and it advances. The raptor rips the thug into pieces, lots of pieces, claws tear open massive wounds and it bites down on the man's head and starts crunching and munching on it.

"Now you, mumble-jumble swine! You better surrender quickly because this guy here is still hungry."
Ride Check "20" + 15 = 35 Success

Shaki 5ft, Full Attack" 24 hit for 6 DEAD, "20" (Crit:19) 11 Dmg , 24 hit for 9 = 26 Total. Way way dead.
The slaver looks north and south, "I give up! I give up! Don't kill me I surrender!"
He gives up. Combat over. In 20 some seconds Werz and Fletcher are able to move again.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Combat Over

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Wed May 07, 2014 10:03 pm

'Good' Oloven nods, strapping his mace back in place and pulling out a potion from deep inside his armor. He chugs the whole bottle and waits for it to take effect.
Drink potion of cure light wounds.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: Combat Over

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 07, 2014 10:06 pm

CLW Potion +5

Sheet updated
Oloven accepts the surrender, and then downs a potion of healing. His wounds vanish for the most part but leaves him sore in the places. Still, the battle is over, and in a few seconds the sight returns to Fletcher and Werz and not long after that both are no longer stunned.

You now have to decide what to do with this Plutivarch (and his dead thugs).