Book 1: Chapter 1 - A Game Afoot in Stormreach

Eberron is a world of pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows.

In the wake of a long and terrible war, a world struggles to find its destiny. Will it descend once more into brutal conflict and end in spectacular annihilation, or will the world emerge at last into a new era of peace and prosperity? One group of heroes hopes to make Eberron a better place. The Grey Company, formed by a collection of heroes recruits new members to their growing ranks -- you among them.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Re: New Arrival at the Puffy Pelican

Post by Eilandor » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:41 pm

Fletcher nods at Oloven's comments, "Let's try to remain near to the area while blending in as much as possible." With that said Fletcher leaves the street and tries to find some shadowed corner he can remain relatively unnoticed in.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:48 am

"I can scout it out now and report back so that we have a better feel for the area once things get ugly." Werz suggests.
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Slavers at the Puffy Pelican

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:44 pm

Mack you already scouted: https://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/Forums/v ... tml#275921

I think maybe you should spend a little extra time reading to get caught up from your break, seems like you are missing things alot since your return. Its cool, slow down, get caught up right. We don't have to rush.
Its still early in the day and the group is going to linger around, without going far. That means you'll need to stop for dinner and try to not look so obvious. So the party locates a nearby eatery, "The Corpulent Porpoise". Its about as run down as the rest of the area, but seems like there are enough locals that visit it to keep it in business. You spend a few hours there talking, sharing, getting to know one another (for while you know about Helion now he needs to know about you). You have dinner, and wait. Werz slips out from time to time to put eyes on the Puffy Pelican.

Day turns to evening, evening to night and night to Midnight. Eyes on the building in the dark reveal a light source inside! How someone slipped in you aren't sure, but light filters out of the boarded up windows now. The back of the place the windows have the boards partially removed and the light shines out, lantern strong. Werz informed you that the only way in was through the back door, also unboarded. It seems your slavers found a way to slip inside without you noticing them, but they must be there now!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Re: Slavers at the Puffy Pelican

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:06 pm

"So how do you want to go about this Fletcher?" Oloven said placing his cup of watered down ale on the table.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Re: Slavers at the Puffy Pelican

Post by Eilandor » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:31 pm

Fletcher eyes the others and wonders what it would be like to have an ale of his own. When Werz reports and Oloven asks, "Seems to me we have two options. One, we can wait outside and let Werz peek inside the back windows and measure what we are up against. Or two, we introduce ourselves through the back door."

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:46 pm

Vardaen wrote:
We appear stalled here!
Werz stalks around the halfling and his beast, "Make sure that thing minds its manners. We don't want to go killing people in the street because your pet got hungry, we have enough trouble with that sort of thing already." He glances at Fletcher knowingly. Then the circles around the group, "He's official so let's get on with it. Helion we are in the middle of a stakeout. The Puffy Pelican right there is supposed to be a slaver drop location. Abandoned now, but tonight..." he points at the building, "...so either we go into the Crow or we wait till nightfall and deal with this place and then go to the Crow. I say we stick it out here until nightfall."
Helion is about to answer, but Shakti is faster, "I am no pet." Then Helion completes, "Yeah, he's right. I forgot to mention. Shakti is no ordinary animal. He's a planar brother to me. And he's very inteligent too." Shakti says, "Maybe I should go back to my home plane. I usually attract too much attention and I guess that's not what you need right now." Helion dismounts and soon the raptor vanishes. The flying lizard then lands on his shoulder.
To Fletcher's plans, Helion says "I'm up to either one."

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:54 pm

"Agreed. We might miss important details if we were to abandon the place!"
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

A Light in the Pelican

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:25 pm

The company has left the local tavern and stands in the shadows of the road looking at the 'abandoned' Puffy Pelican. There is clearly a lamp light inside now, which was not there during the day. Someone is inside.

You must decide how to handle things. Werz's previous scouting confirms a side door and boarded up front and back doors plus a few windows too of course.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Re: A Light in the Pelican

Post by Eilandor » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:42 pm

Fletcher looks at the group, "I don't recall seeing anyone come or go. Werz, if you could check the door for traps...then I think we will introduce ourselves."

The warforged waits for the shifter to do his thing, "Be on the ready but keep your weapons sheathed, for now..."

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: A Light in the Pelican

Post by mackaber » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:05 am

Werz nods and sets forward to examine the door before making an entrance.
Big Pimpin...