Book 1: Chapter 1 - A Game Afoot in Stormreach

Eberron is a world of pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows.

In the wake of a long and terrible war, a world struggles to find its destiny. Will it descend once more into brutal conflict and end in spectacular annihilation, or will the world emerge at last into a new era of peace and prosperity? One group of heroes hopes to make Eberron a better place. The Grey Company, formed by a collection of heroes recruits new members to their growing ranks -- you among them.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Chapter 1 - A Game Afoot in Stormreach

Post by Trogdor » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:49 am

"Very good, then," Val replies, standing up. "As I said, I'll be gone for the rest of the day. But Lt. Forester should be here, and he can answer any questions that you have. He has full authority over this matter in my absence."

The colonel takes a few steps toward the door, then turns back around. "And may I say, good luck." And with that, he heads out the door.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:13 pm

Fletcher looks at the others, "Unless you have any questions for Lieutenant Forester, I suggest we make our way to the Iron Watch."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:25 pm

"Not at the moment." Werz replies then as he is heading out the sleek shifter turns on his heel and looks at the Lieutenant.

"Val had indicated we have full access to the Grey Companies resources. might that include such things as a few hats of disguise? After all we are not exactly what you'd consider an inconspicuous group, even by Stormreach standards."
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:26 pm

Imric shakes his head, "We do not have a closet full of magical items, no matter what the rumors might suggest. I think as long as you don't go around screaming our name to the gangs of the city you will be fine. You are far from the most odd collection of people in Stormreach. You clearly haven't been out much yet." He smiles, "Have a good day." He nods and heads back to his office to get some paper work done.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:36 pm

Shard studies the drawing before finally asking the obvious question, "have you attempted scrying? although my experience with such spells is limited I know it would be possible if she had a unique item or is well known to someone."
Shard directs next to the group, "I would think Fletcher's contacts may be our best starting point, I may not be helpfull till we find more about the artifact." Left unsaid is the wizard's distinct lack of social skills.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:37 pm

Werz shoots the warforged by the name of Shard a slightly disturbed look:

"If it were so easy do you think they would send us?"
Big Pimpin...

flelm
Level 5
Level 5

Post by flelm » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:37 pm

Gred stands up from the table and nods at Fletcher. "Aye, ya make a good point. Unless one of ya others has contacts on the street, the Iron Watch is as good a place ta start as any." He motions motions impatiently at the door. "Unless we got some other good questions for the lieutenant, we should get a move on."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:58 pm

Fletcher turns to Werz upon hearing his comment to Shard. "Most likely no they wouldn't, but this is our first assignment and considering we have never worked together as a group I wouldn't overestimate our station here in the Grey Company."

As he begins to walk to the exit, "Come on, we need another lead in this case and it doesn't reside here."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:14 pm

Imric readies to leave, "Werz is right, this task requires a personal touch. The Colonel has set you to this task, he is busy with his own affairs. I hope that his trust in you is well placed, this is your first assignment after all. It wouldn't reflect well on you to need his help now would it?" He offers a half salute, and then is gone leaving you to sort out any last things before you head out.
where too first?

This is your mission, don't expect help from the other PCs, they are on their own mission to stop the total destruction of Stormreach from a spider plague.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:44 pm

The Iron watch
Big Pimpin...