Book 1: Chapter 3 - In the Crow's Nest

Eberron is a world of pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows.

In the wake of a long and terrible war, a world struggles to find its destiny. Will it descend once more into brutal conflict and end in spectacular annihilation, or will the world emerge at last into a new era of peace and prosperity? One group of heroes hopes to make Eberron a better place. The Grey Company, formed by a collection of heroes recruits new members to their growing ranks -- you among them.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Re: Chapter 2 - In the Crow's Nest

Post by Eilandor » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:01 pm

Fletcher stops and raises a hand for the others to halt. A faint rustling sound comes from the southern most oven. The warforged points for Oloven to focus his light in that direction as he begins to slowly press forward.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:05 pm

Helion readies his sling staff.
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Something's Cooking: Round 1

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:37 pm

As the light shines on the oven, Fletcher and Helion are ready, weapons out, moving forward for the warforged.

It only takes about thirty seconds before the oven bursts open spilling forth a mass of yellow centipedes. The writhing swarm spills out filling the chamber floor in a blanket of legs and worm like bodies. It lurches forward as if a single mind toward the group and its next meal -- you.

The group as the mass forms up...

Round 1 Swarm 16, Oloven 15, Fletcher 13, Helion 5
Eb2-Centi1.jpg
Eb2-Centi1.jpg (46.97 KiB) Viewed 396 times
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:48 pm

Fletcher sprints forward toward the insect swarm and readies his blade. Stopping just short, the warforged sweeps his greatsword through the mass as if using a broom to clean the floor.
Move: SE SE S S, Draw greatsword
Standard: Att Swarm

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:59 pm

"Oh, that's not good! I don't think our weapons are effective against so many insects." Even though he doubts his attack would be of any help, Helion shoots a bullet using his sling staff.
HELION
Ranged Attack on Centipede Swarm with Sling Staff.
A.K.A. Tvrod.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:03 pm

Oloven's face sags as he looks at the mass of centipedes that spew out of the oven. "That is what happens when you don't put enough flour."

Oloven sheathes his longsword and unloosens the large leather strap that holds his heavy mace to his waist. He then re-casts his light spell onto his mace.
Move Action: Sheathe/Draw
Standard Action: Light on Heavy Mace.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Something's Cooking: Round 2

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:19 pm

Round 1 Swarm 16, Oloven 15, Fletcher 13, Helion 5

Round 2 Swarm 16, Oloven 15, Fletcher 13, Helion 5
Oloven switches to his mace, hoping to squish the bugs, but as he puts his blade away the light goes out! So he casts another light on his mace and it lights up like a torch.

Fletcher moves up to the swarm and sweeps his blade side to side killing a few of the creatures but really not doing much.

Helion fires into the mass, but his bullet is lost in seconds and hardly seems to do anything to it.

The swarm then moves over Fletcher. Dozens and dozens of the poisonous creature climb up Fletcher, they get under his plates, biting and stinging, they climb into his mouth, his ears, and every little crack biting and poisoning him. Luckily he can't be poisoned.

The group...
Fletcher Move: Attack, Immune! (1 dmg)
Oloven: Switch, Light
Helion Ranged Sling, Immune!

A swarm like this is immune to weapon damage, I generally allow larger or blunt weapons to do 1 point instead of 0, so its taken 1 damage. Danger! Danger!
Its around Fletcher at this point
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:48 pm

"I am completely out of magic and have no way of killing these things. I think it may be time to retreat." Oloven swings his illuminated heavy mace at any centipedes that get closer.
If centipedes are in range, hit with mace. If not, then ready action for when they get closer.

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:05 pm

"I have to agree. None of my extraplanar allies can help either."
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:16 pm

Fletcher can now see that the insects are so diminutive in nature, any attack he can muster will be futile. Now enveloped, the warforged turns back towards where they came from and starts running. "Let us live to fight another day!" As he is fleeing, Fletcher swipes all the centipedes off him that he can and muses that the lack of a simple torch has come back to haunt them once more.