Book 1: Chapter 3 - In the Crow's Nest

Eberron is a world of pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows.

In the wake of a long and terrible war, a world struggles to find its destiny. Will it descend once more into brutal conflict and end in spectacular annihilation, or will the world emerge at last into a new era of peace and prosperity? One group of heroes hopes to make Eberron a better place. The Grey Company, formed by a collection of heroes recruits new members to their growing ranks -- you among them.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Re: Chapter 2 - In the Crow's Nest

Post by Eilandor » Tue May 05, 2015 5:26 pm

"It would seem you will nicely fill a roll we just recently lost." Thinking it is only fair to offer up some information on himself, "I was designed and emerged from a creation forge as a hybrid unit. I am fairly balanced in both melee and ranged, but I must admit, not particularly quiet about either one."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue May 05, 2015 5:46 pm

"Well if we are sharing details about ourselves now, I am a cleric of The Sovereign Host. If you haven't guessed by the emblem around my neck yet. I usually wear a set of full plate armor, but I am currently having it worked on. Our last mission put quite a few dings into it."

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Tue May 05, 2015 7:12 pm

Helion tried, but could not hide he was very surprised by the new recruit's teleportation, he almost spilled his floating potato soup. "Er, Helion here. Previously a House Vadalis employee. I fight with my brother Shakti who is currently resting in his home plane. I cast some magic too."
A.K.A. Tvrod.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed May 06, 2015 2:23 am

Zeevan looks a bit confusedly at Helion. "Um ... on his home plane? I thought you were a halfling of some variety? Bit of a complicated family tree, eh?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Wed May 06, 2015 11:32 am

Helion smiles, "Not from the same mother, of course. He's an Eidolon. We were bound together since we were very young and he saved my life more than a few times. You'll meet him when we get back in the field."
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 06, 2015 4:07 pm

It wasn't teleportation, it was Invisiblity (w/ a move) just to be clear OOCly. He's a Ninja Class! Just like Werz was.
The new member Zeevan shows off a bit, and the group catches one another up to speed on skills. Now its time for a mission report to the Colonel and the new member to bring him up to speed on what the task at hand is.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed May 06, 2015 10:27 pm

"Ah, well, I'm sure we'll have a lot of time to catch up on each other's background. But I believe we have a bit of a briefing scheduled. Sorry, Colonel. Didn't mean to interrupt." He nods respectfully to their commanding officer, waiting for him to give them their mission.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon May 11, 2015 3:30 pm

Val takes a seat in the private room and waits for the others to show up. He greets Helion when he comes in and bids him to take a seat. "Food and drink should be here shortly," he says.
Just waiting for the others to post.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Mon May 11, 2015 3:53 pm

Oloven leans back and starts to recall their discoveries in The Crow.

"The Crow is a lot bigger than it looks from the outside and that is saying something. We have managed to clear out what I assume is at least two thirds of it and have not found the shard yet. The shard we currently have seems to point downward into the basement levels. Throughout The Crow are various magical doors, murals, statues and even a healing pool. We have done our best to jot down their location within The Crow and how they operate. The upper levels were inhabited by a group of women who called themselves 'Tower Girls' but were immediately hostile to our presence and had to be dealt with. Once we reached the basement, the dangers increased further. We found a Mite King and his, for a lack of a better term, minions. Various vermin were also encountered along with a caged sinspawn, which led us to believe something or someone was feeding it. The strain of the effort quickly began to take a toll on our bodies and with the loss of Werz, we were unable to finish the search without regrouping."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 11, 2015 3:56 pm

Everyone is here that needs to be

Oloven, Fletcher, Helion and now Zevaan and Val. If we can get Nirus to join in for his side quest okay, if not keep going. My hope is a short scene, and the group can just set back out again soon
The food and drink arrives, and Oloven gives a good break down of the mission. He provides notes and the map showing what they have. Some of it clearly of interest for Nirus, some of it for Val.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring