Book 1: Chapter 3 - In the Crow's Nest

Eberron is a world of pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows.

In the wake of a long and terrible war, a world struggles to find its destiny. Will it descend once more into brutal conflict and end in spectacular annihilation, or will the world emerge at last into a new era of peace and prosperity? One group of heroes hopes to make Eberron a better place. The Grey Company, formed by a collection of heroes recruits new members to their growing ranks -- you among them.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Approaching the Crow

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 30, 2014 9:52 pm

Oloven's lit shield fills the chamber with enough light for everyone to see by. As he moves sometimes it creatures deep shadows behind him, but you manage just fine now. Looking about you begin your search of The Crow.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:08 pm

Now riding his Eidolon, Helion goes around the place poking the debris on the floor with his lance. He whispers, "Too bad the light will tell everyone we're here. But I guess that can't be helped. Want me to send Barisht to scout ahead?"
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:59 pm

Fletcher turns to Helion, "Yes, have Barisht work together with Werz and take point."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Rostrum Hall

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:01 pm

Helion summons his dinosaur, the chamber is large, extra large, perhaps having something to do with the Giant creators of the place so there is plenty of room for the raptor. With the halfling mounted, he looks at the dark stairs and sends his little fairy dragon up the passage. It scouts ahead for a short way, then returns, reporting another empty chamber up ahead. So you move up the stairs. You have to take large steps to climb them but you do.

Between two curving stairwell lies a small landing. Three stone boxes, their lids raised, stand lined up against the east wall. A fine yellow powder surrounds them on the floor. If you had to guess you'd say someone managed to disarm traps on the chests and looted them leaving 3 empty chests in the chamber now. Werz identifies the yellow powder as spoiled ungol dust, but it looks like yellow mold to the untrained eye.

The stairs keep going up, so Helion scouts it with Barisht who reports a large dark chamber filled with pillars ahead. You move on up the stairs to the chamber. Pillars line the center of this long hall. At the far end is a low rostrum, the dusty stumps of ancient votive candles lining its outer edge. Two of these have been knocked over. Colorful murals of Xen'drik elven pilgrims and giants marching over an intact Giantspan cover the walls.
B1: Boat Dock
B2: Entry Hall
B3: Privy
B4: Landing
B5: Rostrum Hall

Ooops move Werz up with the rest of you.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Re: Rostrum Hall

Post by Eilandor » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:12 pm

As the light from Oloven's shield emanates into the pillared chamber, Fletcher looks upon the architecture with a bit of awe. It is short lived however, when he notices movement in the northwest corner. The warforged raises his right hand up for the others to halt. With the faintest whisper and pointing his finger, "Dire rat."

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:02 pm

"There could be more then one." Oloven notes, making sure the light on his shield doesn't give them away.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:55 pm

Werz sniffs the air a bit embarased he did not notice it before the Cleric.

"If there's only one I can try and take it by surprise!" the shifter offers as he draws his bow and motions for Fletcher to do the same as he attempts to spot the creature in the dark.
Big Pimpin...

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:22 pm

While scouting, Barisht maintains a telepathic link with Helion. Doing that has saved his hide a few times in the past. Now it serves him once again as Helion sends him a telepathic message, "Hide!"
Then he gets ready for action. He checks if his shield is safelly tied to his forearm, if his armor is not blocking his movements, if his hat is in the right angle. And he waits for the others to act first.
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:49 pm

Fletcher whispers Werz, "Lets try and get a bit closer and take this thing out by surprise." The warforged readies his long bow and begins to move behind one of the pillars in the chamber.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:53 pm

Stealth. Once we have closed to 30 ft. Sneak attack with longbow.
Werz motions that he will be taking the lead hoping that the Warforged understand the signs Werz learned during his time as a sellsword in the war. Most of the gestures where rather intuitive but you never knew with Warforged...
Big Pimpin...