Book 1: Chapter 3 - In the Crow's Nest

Eberron is a world of pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows.

In the wake of a long and terrible war, a world struggles to find its destiny. Will it descend once more into brutal conflict and end in spectacular annihilation, or will the world emerge at last into a new era of peace and prosperity? One group of heroes hopes to make Eberron a better place. The Grey Company, formed by a collection of heroes recruits new members to their growing ranks -- you among them.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Re: Rostrum Hall

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:03 pm

Oloven tries to remain far enough back so he does not draw the attention of the rats with his shield light. His right hand is on the pommel of his Longsword, ready.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Not as Silent as a Field Mouse

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:14 pm

Fletcher and Werz start into the room as Barisht ducks behind a post and flies to the ceiling. Helion is reading his weapons and shield as Oloven tries to hide the light beaming off his shield.

The two scouts move through the chamber, and for a large adamantine covered warforged Fletcher is shockingly stealthy. Unfortunately for the two the large dire rat spots the light, the shadows, and can hear them sneaking up. It takes off squealing in fear and racing up the stairs to the west.
Stealth:

Werz: 8 + 8 = 16
Fletcher: 9 + 5 = 14

Perception: 7 + 9 +2 Light = 18 (light could have been much worse if Oloven hadn't tried to hide it so quickly.)

Is flees. Hard to see on the map maybe but there is a stair well to the west, up it runs.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Not as Silent as a Field Mouse

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:46 am

"Whatever is here certainly knows we are here now." Oloven says as he draw his longsword in preperation for what might come.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:50 pm

Where is mack been lately? 3 Day
Werz snarls, "Wonderful, could you be any louder Fletcher?" He moves into the chamber and starts to look around, motioning for the group to follow in, "No point in sneaking around here now with our walking suit of plate mail going everyplace."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:10 pm

"When I get into a fight, having this hunk of metal between my enemy and I really helps." Oloven defends his plate mail as the group continues to look around.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:58 pm

Werz smirks at Oloven's words. However not wanting to be too offensive he merely nods as he leads the group on grumbling.

"And try to keep that light toned down a bit..."
Big Pimpin...

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:30 pm

Fletcher shakes his head at the shifter's comments as they move further into the chamber. Now side by side with Oloven, "I'm pretty sure he was referring to me as the walking suit of armor." Stowing away his bow, the warforged draws his great sword as he is having trouble seeing in this darkness.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:51 pm

Helion orders Barisht to resume his scouting and follows the others.
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

A Long Climb

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:08 pm

The group moves into the chamber and searches around. There isn't much more in here other than the murals of the pilgrams on the walls. A quick search turns up just pillars and darkness so up the stairs. They wind back on themselves as they climb higher and higher into The Crow. Up up up you go you are moving up several stories taking large steps up the massive stairs. The climb takes you a good long while, and you guess you are nearing 90 feet or more perhaps. Oloven is a bit winded, the climb in his armor isn't easy.

Finally at the top of the stairs you come into a area of what looks like looted rooms. Bits and pieces of old rubble, fragments of furniture, and broken weapons and armor clutter the floor of the room.

As your light fills the room you hear a shout from the door way to the south. "That's far enough!" Its a woman's voice, "You can turn around and go home. The Crow belongs to the Bilge Rats now! Leave, and we won't kill you. Continue to trespass and we'll make you leave, with extreme violence!"

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Re: A Long Climb

Post by Eilandor » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:54 pm

"The Crow belongs to no man...or woman for that matter. That being the case it seems we are both trespassing." The warforged takes a step forward, "We will not turn around and go home, and we will certainly not die for doing so."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"