Book 1: Chapter 3 - In the Crow's Nest

Eberron is a world of pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows.

In the wake of a long and terrible war, a world struggles to find its destiny. Will it descend once more into brutal conflict and end in spectacular annihilation, or will the world emerge at last into a new era of peace and prosperity? One group of heroes hopes to make Eberron a better place. The Grey Company, formed by a collection of heroes recruits new members to their growing ranks -- you among them.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Re: A Long Climb

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:44 pm

Oloven stretches as he gets to the top of the stairs. When the woman appears, Oloven responds "I just climbed all those stairs in this armor, you will not get me to go back down."

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:41 pm

Helion tells Barisht to hide again and stands ready for combat, but he remains silent.
A.K.A. Tvrod.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:52 pm

Werz gets himself into position to lunge on the woman but perhaps this can be solved with words. He doubts it but he will at least let others give it a try.
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:40 pm

THe woman in the other room shouts to Oloven, "If you like we can throw you out a window so you don't have to walk." There is some chuckling on their end. "Who are you people, and how did you find us?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:20 pm

"We are The Grey Company." Oloven whips back in response to the woman's joke. "We have come to recover an artifact from this place."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:38 pm

"Grey Company? By the Traveler, really? You people show up in town and thik cause you killed some Dragon you have the run of the place. I don't know what Natalya told you..." she giggles, "..oh yeah we knew she was working for you. I don't know what she told you but the Crow belongs to the Tower Girls of the Bilge Rats. We found the entrance, and we claimed it. So last chance boys, you can either walk down the stairs and go back to your little tower, or we can toss your corpse out the side of the tower after we slit your throats. Which is it?"
Last edited by Vardaen on Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:42 pm

Fletcher shouts out, "Enough chatter, this ends now!"
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:15 pm

Not really surprised at the outburst of Fletcher, Oloven raises his hand. "You will feel the fear of Dol Dorn rush through your body!" Olovens voice echoes through the crow. His hand swirls with a dark cloud that shoots out at the woman.
Cast Doom on the woman.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:20 pm

Seeing that time for chitter chatter is finally over Werz lunges forward trying to catch the woman off guard.
If I get to act in the surprise round I'll charge and as a standard action and make two claw attacks with sneak attack
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Diplomacy Fails: Round 1

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:11 pm

Diplomacy fails, but really it seems like you didn't have much chance other than to turn around, and no one was going to do that. Right out of the gate it is Helion atop Shakti that leads the charge...

Just to make it more simple. Initiative!

Round 1 Helion 23, Tower Girl's 19, Oloven 19, Werz 15, Fletcher 8,
I realize this map sucks, tryin gto get a better one.

Also made a minor mistake, and have edited my previous post. They shouted: "I don't know what she told you but the Crow belongs to the Tower Girls"

This is a chance from the Bilge Rats, but that seems legit as well. In effect this is a small faction of the Bilge Rats now calling themselves the Tower Girls, for obvious reasons.