Book 1: Chapter 3 - In the Crow's Nest

Eberron is a world of pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows.

In the wake of a long and terrible war, a world struggles to find its destiny. Will it descend once more into brutal conflict and end in spectacular annihilation, or will the world emerge at last into a new era of peace and prosperity? One group of heroes hopes to make Eberron a better place. The Grey Company, formed by a collection of heroes recruits new members to their growing ranks -- you among them.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Re: Chapter 2 - In the Crow's Nest

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Fri May 01, 2015 7:23 pm

Oloven raises an eyebrow when Colonel d'Orien enters. He gathers his things and heads into the private room. "So where is this new recruit we heard about?"

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Mon May 04, 2015 5:16 pm

Fletcher thanks the tower smith for patching him up then retires to a chamber for the evening. He takes this time to reflect, or rather recall as a warforged does the events that unraveled in The Crow. While he and Werz certainly had opposing views on most things, Fletcher laments the fact he is not with them anymore. He also regrets slapping the bracer crown from the Mite king, thinking it could have been handled differently.

Afternoon now, Fletcher is chatting with Helion and Oloven, speculating about the new recruit when Val enters. He stands and enters the private room when beckoned to do so.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon May 04, 2015 5:27 pm

The group moves into the private chamber with Val'trith. Drinks and food are brought for those that want them, and the Colonel get's down to business.
You guys won't really need me I suspect so dont' wait on me
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon May 04, 2015 5:44 pm

A knock comes from the door once the group gets settled in with Val'trith. The door opens a respectful amount of time later. "Colonel? I'm here as ordered." The door opens revealing a rather muscular man in his 20s, a bald head, pale skin, and with golden irises. He wears simple studded leather armor, with two short, curved blades in scabbards to his side. He has a ready smile, and nods to the group.
I'm assuming this is my cue.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Mon May 04, 2015 8:41 pm

Oloven stands up and holds out his right hand. "My name is Oloven Shieldheart. I take it you are the new recruit."

Oloven stands at just over 6 feet tall with long white hair and an emblem drapped around his neck of The Soveriegn Host. He wears a set of simple cotton clothes and seems to be quite friendly.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon May 04, 2015 11:51 pm

The golden-eyed man reaches out and takes the hand in a firm shake. "Zeevan. And yeah, I seem to be the new recruit." His smile is wide and intense, and the man seems quite energetic. He is tall enough to look Oloven in the eye, although he does not have any particular heraldry or odd jewelry to make him stand out in a crowd. "I'll assume as well that you're the team I'm going to be assigned to?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue May 05, 2015 12:05 am

"Yep. The Warforged there is Fletcher and the Halfling is Helion. We recently returned to touch base with the tower and recuperate. We will be back out in the field before long."

Oloven returns to his seat and waits for their meeting with Val to begin.

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Tue May 05, 2015 12:18 am

The halfling motions tipping an invisible hat. The actual leather hat is resting on a chair nearby. "Are we heading out again in the morning, Oloven?"
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Tue May 05, 2015 4:18 pm

Fletcher remains seated, simply greeting the man with a nod when introduced. Turning to Helion, "I would hope so, we have some exterminating to do..." Addressing the new recruit, "Considering our tactical learning curve will be short, I wonder if you could detail what skills you will bring to the group?"
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue May 05, 2015 5:13 pm

Zeevan nods, then disappears briefly. He reappears in one of the empty seats, casually lounging. "Parlor tricks like that are one of my skills. Scouting and infiltration are my specialties, although those can be applied in a wide variety of circumstances. I also have some competency dealing with tripwires and other traps, although I have met many who are better at it than myself." He gestures towards his swords. "I am also a solid fighter, but I also have to assume that the rest of you are just as good, since you have survived this long in the Grey Company."