Book 1: Chapter 3 - In the Crow's Nest

Eberron is a world of pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows.

In the wake of a long and terrible war, a world struggles to find its destiny. Will it descend once more into brutal conflict and end in spectacular annihilation, or will the world emerge at last into a new era of peace and prosperity? One group of heroes hopes to make Eberron a better place. The Grey Company, formed by a collection of heroes recruits new members to their growing ranks -- you among them.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Re: Chapter 2 - In the Crow's Nest

Post by Scout89 » Mon May 11, 2015 4:09 pm

"I'm sure we can clear that place tomorrow. Specially with the help of our new friend here."
A.K.A. Tvrod.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon May 11, 2015 11:34 pm

Zeevan shrugs. "I'm sure I'll be useful. Since you've explored part of the area, just point out the relevant information as we go. As long as we stick together, we should be able to handle most issues that crop up."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:00 pm

"One thing that worries me a lot is that Sinspawn. We can't just let it be. That creature has been fed by someone. To what purpose? That abomination should be put down immediately."
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Reporting for Duty

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 13, 2015 5:16 pm

I'm going to NPC Val so we don't get stalled here.
Val'trith is sipping his kurveya, a local gin like drink that the Drunken Shifter serves. "Welcome to the team Zevaan, you will make a find addition to the group. With that settled, we should look at a few other issues. The Sinspawn one of the big ones. Now I have heard of these things, and I'm not surprised to hear you found one so close to the possible location of one of the shards, which I've heard called Shards of Sin." He lifts his brow, "See where I'm going with this? However, they are aberrations, and could consivilby been hundreds if not more years old. I don't know if they have to eat like you and I and from your story if it was locked up. It could have been there ages. However, I don't know for certain. I've only barely heard of these things, and I will do more digging for us. I would be careful regardless." He rubs his chin, "If you could capture it, and bring it back to me for study that would be something. I'll make a set of manacles available for you from the quartermaster."

You go over other items on your map, and point out the fresco that you found. Val nods, "Nirus might be interested in this. He sends someone to fetch the elf. "While we wait is there anything else?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Reporting for Duty

Post by Shurijo » Wed May 13, 2015 5:22 pm

A few moments later, Nirus arrives wearing his day earth toned clothes with his two scimitars resting on his belt. The elf looks over and see that the group has returned. Walking over to Val'trith, he asks, "You requested my presence?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Reporting for Duty

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 13, 2015 5:34 pm

Val turns and nods to Nirus, "I thought you'd want to see this. Looks like they found something for you in the Crow." He motions for the group to give up the copy of the fresco they made down deep in the Crow.
Reminder for you guys.

One Discovery Found: B19. The eastern wall depicts a fresco of a tall, redheaded elf woman with a ranseur standing over a short, hunch-backed man -the ranseur is impaled in the man's belly, and his twisted demonic hands clutch at the shaft as black smoke wafts up from his face and wounds. (Good Copy Made: 1000gp not just 500gp)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Reporting for Duty

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Wed May 13, 2015 5:44 pm

"There is no shortage of interesting things inside The Crow, that is for sure. I also have a feeling we will run into plenty more." Oloven hands Nirus the copy of the fresco.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Reporting for Duty

Post by Shurijo » Wed May 13, 2015 5:45 pm

Nirus takes the copy and stares at it for a while.

After a few moments of silence, he elf nods and says, "Thank you. This is most interesting. Was there anything else that you recovered or mapped?"

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Wed May 13, 2015 7:20 pm

"Sir, capturing the Sinspawn will not be an easy task. And even if we capture it, a simple pair of manacles might not be enough. The safest way to bring it would be by the use of magic and this one might even be immune to it. I don't have any spell that would help in that task, though."
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu May 14, 2015 3:04 pm

Nirus stares a bit more at the item and says, "From my research, I believe that is Runelord Aerlanist and the man Runelord Thybidos. He was the Runelord of Wrath who preceded her."

The elf looks at the company men and says, "This is exceedingly rare. There are few images of him. After the elves rebelled against the giants, they were two of the most powerful of our ancestors."

Nirus then takes a bag of gold coins and extends it out. After handing off the bag, the elf moves to shake and congratulate everyone. It's clear that the elf is happy and interested in the item recovered by the team.
Original deal was 500gp, right?

Okay, here's 1,000gp, keep the change :D