Book 1: Chapter 4 - The Crow: The Lower Levels

Eberron is a world of pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows.

In the wake of a long and terrible war, a world struggles to find its destiny. Will it descend once more into brutal conflict and end in spectacular annihilation, or will the world emerge at last into a new era of peace and prosperity? One group of heroes hopes to make Eberron a better place. The Grey Company, formed by a collection of heroes recruits new members to their growing ranks -- you among them.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

To Southwatch and Lady Brast

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:30 pm

"We actually found his ship. Captain Brast is indeed dead." Oloven pauses realizing he isn't technically lying. "We found this Locket within the shipwreck and figured it should go to the closest relative to Captain Brast. Something tells me he would of wanted her to have it. If you don't want to deal with us, can you at least give our message to Liza and let her decide? I am a Cleric of The Sovereign Host" Oloven shows his holy symbol before continuing. "I promise by the holy Goddess Boldrei that I seek no ill intent."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Ship's Cat

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:37 pm

The shifter that runs the place relaxes a bit when the whole of the tale is told and Oloven displays his symbol. "Now I understand, you are adventurers doing a good deed. Likely you plundered the rest of that ship, but who am I to judge the price of the locket." She considers for a time, looking at each of you in turn, "I do know Liza, and where to find her. What say you stay here, I will send her word of this, and let her choose if she wishes to come and speak with you." She whistles, and winks at one of the many cats that have gathered to watch the exchange, and the sleek white feline darts out through a window into the streets.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

The Ship's Cat

Post by Scout89 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:42 am

"The cat is taking the message? That's very unusual." Helion smiles amazed.
A.K.A. Tvrod.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

The Ship's Cat

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:55 pm

"It would be a lie if I didn't say I have seen stranger things in this world." Oloven says as he waits calmly.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

The Ship's Cat

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:07 pm

Zeevan's eyes shoot up. "Now that's handy. Good to have friends in all sorts of places."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Lady Brast Arrives

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:32 pm

Harysh motions at the groups to have a seat in the small dinning area. You do, and she brings you something to drink (not for free of course) and after about forty minutes of waiting around you see that messenger cat return. It licks the shifter's face a bit and the two seem to speak to one another. "Liza Jane will be here in a moment."

True to her word a few minutes later a woman, middle aged arrives. She wearing fine clothing that is long since had its day. Its been patched and worn, and while once fine, its now old and going threadbare. She steps into the room and walks up to Harysh. "So here I am." Harysh points at your group, "It seems these fine gentlemen have some news for you." Liza Jane looks your way, exhales strongly and walks over. "Well, here I am. Liza Jane Brast, a pleasure to meet you, I hope."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Lady Brast Arrives

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:36 pm

"Likewise." Oloven says, bowing his head. "We are Adventurers of The Grey Company. We were investigating the Crow when we came across a sunken ship. Inside we found a locket that belonged to Captain Brast and figured he would probably prefer it to go to his wife." Oloven extends his hand with the locket in it.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Lady Brast Arrives

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:24 am

Zeevan nods somberly. "We're sorry for your loss. But we thought it would be better to know for sure that your husband was gone forever, rather than be left to wonder."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Lady Brast Arrives

Post by Scout89 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:05 pm

"And we've found a bag full of coins. The leather was ruined by the time it spent under the waves, but I have them here." Helion grabs 500 gold pieces from his pouch and push them to Lady Brast. "I'm sure they belonged to your husband as they were in his boat, so they are yours."
Sheet updated.
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Lady Brast Arrives

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:34 pm

She takes the locket and turns it over in her hand touching it with care and running her finger over the calcium build up on the outside. Without a word, but tears starting to form her in her eyes, she opens it. Swallowing hard she holds back the tears poorly, "Thank you! Thank you all so much." She hardly notices the coins but nods her head to accept them. "I knew he must have died, but, but to have this and to know for certain it is a comfort that I never thought I would have."
Complete!

400 XP

Brast already gave you his reward in the form of his help in the Crow