Book 2: Chapter 1 - Curse of the Lady's Light

Eberron is a world of pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows.

In the wake of a long and terrible war, a world struggles to find its destiny. Will it descend once more into brutal conflict and end in spectacular annihilation, or will the world emerge at last into a new era of peace and prosperity? One group of heroes hopes to make Eberron a better place. The Grey Company, formed by a collection of heroes recruits new members to their growing ranks -- you among them.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:30 pm

"You have patience," Val says,"But have you determination?" He steps into the other room for a moment and emerges with a folded up piece of paper that he places on the table before Je. "We've made an offer for you to join the Grey Company. The question now is whether you want to accept that offer. This expedition is a Company matter, and I'm only sending company people on it." He gestures to the paper.

"That's a standard contract for the Grey Company, just like the others signed. It sets forth your rights and responsibilities - mostly that you won't cheat us, sell our secrets, or do anything other nefarious, and that we'll support you, and won't hang you out to dry, etc." He unfolds the paper, takes a pen from his pocket, and signs the document."

"The ball is in your court," he says, offering Je the pen.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:54 pm

Oloven gives Fletcher an odd look and remembers the Mite King. "Yeah. You've got patience alright." He smiles at the Warforged and points to Ke's contract. "In a way, The Company's determination is our determination. We will find this Shard of Lust."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:00 pm

Zeevan is nonchalant as usual, relaxed even in a briefing. Only in the field is he tense and wary. "I'm liking the land route better as well. I still have to breathe if we sink, unlike our Warforged friend." He gives a little wink to the metal man. "And I just invested all my earnings in better arms and armor. Maybe I should have bought a new pair of boots instead?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:09 am

Je nods, his eyes scanning the papers with piercing alacrity.

"Ah, yes, the articles we discussed."

The telepath takes the offered pen.

"Colonel, everyone I've known for more than a week is dead. I have the clothes on my back, the power of my mind, and the Grey Company."

The pen is loud in the room as it signs. Je hands back the contract.

"And now the Grey Company has me."

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:52 am

"Good to have you with us officially, Je. To me we should grab a small boat and travel through shallow waters. Krakens are to big to wander close to the shore."
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:17 pm

"Welcome to the Grey Company," Val replies, offering Je his hand. "I'll make sure you're entered on the rolls properly so that you can get proper benefits and that everyone recognizes you as one of us. To that end," he reaches into his pocket and draws forth several large, silver pins, each in the shape of a tall tower.

"I've had these made to identify members of the Grey Company. When you place a finger on it and say the words "Grey Company," a small image of the Grey Tower appears." He touches a similar pin that he's wearing and speaks the words. Immediately, a 3-inch tall image of the Grey Tower appears a couple of inches from the pin. When he takes his finger away from the pin, the image fades.

"The enchantment will prevent casual counterfeiting. I know someone skilled could still make a copy. But that's a whole different level of problem. We only have enough for the non-uniformed members of the Company right now. But eventually everyone will have one." He holds out his hand for each person on the team to take one.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:49 pm

Oloven takes a pin but looks confused as how he is going to attach a pin to his full plate armor. He eventually ends up pinning it to one of the straps on his backpack.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:24 pm

Je regards the pin before placing it opposite the crystal on his lapel.

"The reputation of the Grey Company will be well served by this party, Colonel."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:48 pm

Zeevan nods. "Impressive, I like it!" The silver image fits well with his black armor. He'll have to take it off in the field, but he likes the idea of walking around town with it gleaming.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:47 pm

Helion picks one pin. "Thank you. So, we're really going on foot?"
A.K.A. Tvrod.