Book 2: Chapter 1 - Curse of the Lady's Light

Eberron is a world of pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows.

In the wake of a long and terrible war, a world struggles to find its destiny. Will it descend once more into brutal conflict and end in spectacular annihilation, or will the world emerge at last into a new era of peace and prosperity? One group of heroes hopes to make Eberron a better place. The Grey Company, formed by a collection of heroes recruits new members to their growing ranks -- you among them.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:54 pm

Katrina looks at Helion, "Perhaps, I would go speak to Jasper before you decide. Make sure you come back to the Tower before setting out. Once Nirus finds out you are heading into the Marsh he may have something for you."

She smiles at the pins, "These are proving to be nice." She taps her own pin, and it lights up with the images. "The Black Wheel has nothing like this." You can tell that's a point of pride for her.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:01 pm

"Well they don't happen to have the best artificer in Stormreach in their employ," Val replies, sharing her pride.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:44 pm

Katrina smiles, "Why thank you but I prefer the term wizard." She winks trying to steal some of Va's thunder and picking on the man who's the leader of the tower. "Anyhow, if you need more help in this please don't hesitate. Find Jasper, I think that's the best place to start. Of course if you need supplies speak to Imric and the Quartermaster they can maybe help you with some hard to get items."

She looks at Val, "Is there anything else?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Book 2: Chapter 1 - Curse of the Lady's Light

Post by Trogdor » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:52 pm

"I think that's it," Val replies, still smiling at Katrina's comment. "You have your mission. Now it's time to complete it. We have confidence in you, and are here to support you. Ultimately, however, the burden is on you to get the shard. Good luck and Godspeed."

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:41 pm

"If ships avoid that area, it is likely that the waters could be treacherous. Whether it be natural currents or creatures of a some sort. I'd rather not risk sinking and drowning over what might be a marginally shorter path. Ultimately, it is a group decision. if you guys decide taking a ship is best then that is the way we will go." Oloven shrugs and then nods to Val. "We will get it done. One way or another."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:05 pm

Zeevan looks a bit puzzled. "Are we back to the ship idea? I thought we'd generally agreed on the overland route. There may be many enemies on the way, but at least we won't sink and drown without being able to fight back."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:50 pm

Katrina listens, and just adds, "Its not the shores around the Marsh that are too dangerous, granted I believe the are dangerous, but that pesky Kraken has most ships in the harbor here land bound, and few captains risk even the coasts around Stormreach. Jasper, as a guide might just be enough for you to get there safely over land, and you don't have to worry about Oloven drowning." She smiles and winks at the Cleric. "You decide, I'm going to go tell Nirus you place to head into Marsh of Desolation and see if he has and tasks for you along the way."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:07 pm

If not for Fletcher's new magical cloak, he would have nowhere to place his pin. Touching it, "Grey Company!" Smiling if he could he chimes in, "Let's meet this guide Jasper and see what he has to say before we fall to one side of the fence or the other."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:15 pm

"A good idea Fletcher."

Then she realizes she hasn't actually given you something she meant to. "Here, Val had this ioun stone readied for you. Wasn't easy to find in Stormreach, but this should counter act the curse of the Shard of Lust. Take it, and use it well." She hands it over to the company.
I think I forgot to actually give you this one.

Pink and green sphere

Pink and Green Sphere (Ioun Stone)
Aura strong varied; CL 12th

Slot —; Price 8,000 gp; Weight —

DESCRIPTION
This stone grants the wearer a +2 enhancement bonus to Charisma.

CONSTRUCTION REQUIREMENTS
Craft Wondrous Item, creator must be 12th level; Cost 4,000 gp.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:08 pm

"I guess there is no harm in talking with Jasper." Oloven nods. "Who would like to carry that Ioun Stone? It is important we don't lose it."