Book 2: Chapter 1 - Curse of the Lady's Light

Eberron is a world of pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows.

In the wake of a long and terrible war, a world struggles to find its destiny. Will it descend once more into brutal conflict and end in spectacular annihilation, or will the world emerge at last into a new era of peace and prosperity? One group of heroes hopes to make Eberron a better place. The Grey Company, formed by a collection of heroes recruits new members to their growing ranks -- you among them.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Shattered Statues

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:46 pm

"There is no way I am getting down there in this armor." Oloven says as he begins removing his plate armor, while Je works on securing a way down.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Black Pit

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:54 pm

Oloven heals Jasper's phsyical wounds, but the crazy old man's mental state has degraded again back to the crazy state. He rubs the healed wounds and then looks at the magically dark pit some ten feet in diameter. "Down down down to the black abyss they go. In the darkness that no one knows! Below is a mystery."

You then work to get ready to get down there. Oloven removes his armor, and the others get out rope and pitons. You are able to drive the pitons into the cracks in the flagstone floor, attach the rope to the pitons and/or the statue bases, and then you toss the rope into the pit. Where it hits the darkness it becomes impossible to see, like curtain or a barrier of pitch black, but above that at the top of the pit you can see it dangling. You are ready it seems for the decent.
CLW + 11

Jasper at full health
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

The Black Pit

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:41 pm

I like that darkness not at all. is there magic in it, or am I merely hesitant after the pillars?

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

The Black Pit

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:30 am

Zeevan looks somewhat askance at the pit, then shrugs. "Well, that's what you hired me on for. Scouting. I'll go down first. Be ready to haul me up if I scream loudly." He takes ahold of the secured rope, and begins rappelling down.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Black Pit

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:48 pm

Zeevan takes the rope and starts down the pit, he vanishes through the curtain of darkness and makes no more sound...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

The Black Pit

Post by JohnnyWeird » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:03 pm

Je's brow furrows as Zeevan vanishes.

After 50 yardd or so our telepathic link will be severed, Zeevan. Send us a message if there is no change as you reach that threshold.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

The Black Pit

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:29 am

Oloven holds tightly onto the rope and simply waits.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

The Black Pit

Post by Eilandor » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:45 pm

Fletcher peers into the darkness of the pit, then suddenly curses himself, "Damn!" Stepping back, he withdraws from his pack a harness for this very task! Looking around to the others, "For the next who goes?"
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

The Black Pit

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:55 pm

"I can float down safely," Rikkan says, punctuating the comment with a chitter. "Maybe it would be best for me to follow him. I can reinforce him more quickly. And if there's trouble down there, I can bring a warning up here just as quick."
Rikkan has permanent Feather Fall, and can cast Levitate to come back up quickly if there's trouble he needs to warn the others about.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

The Black Pit

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:44 am

"It's ... weird. Totally dark, totally silent. I can't make any sound, even if I try shouting. I feel ... light? I think there's some magic here that makes me lighter, I think I'd just float down slowly if I let go of the rope. I -" A sense of surprise gets communicated through the telepathic link, then it resumes again with words. "Well, that's confirmed. Slipped a bit, barely fell at all. I guess I'll just keep going, keep you updated as I learn more."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."