Book 2: Chapter 2 - The Lady's Light

Eberron is a world of pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows.

In the wake of a long and terrible war, a world struggles to find its destiny. Will it descend once more into brutal conflict and end in spectacular annihilation, or will the world emerge at last into a new era of peace and prosperity? One group of heroes hopes to make Eberron a better place. The Grey Company, formed by a collection of heroes recruits new members to their growing ranks -- you among them.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Grey Tower: Down Time

Post by Vardaen » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:11 pm

Imric seems very interested in the sex change magic, and all the information on the Shard, the Demon and the Lady of Lust. In the end it takes some hours to detail it all, and you are growing bored of it. He finally releases you to do as you like within the tower. "All of this is seriously important. Take some time and relax, I'll call on you tomorrow after I've spoken to Lord Val'thrith. I wager we will need to send you out to find the next Shard if we are to keep on this path."

He packs up his things, "Please, stay on the tower grounds for the time being if you would in case I need to call on you once more to refine any details." He bows and heads out.

You find yourselves in the 'Drunken Shifter' the tower's tavern. A few folks are present, workers and such, but no one of much interest, until a Half Elf makes her way into the place, a Tiger slinking in with her.
Works a bit crazy, I'm going to let you guys RP with Othniel's new character as I gear up us up for the next chapter. Everyone has leveled up to LEVEL 8! You can take advantage of the Tower's facilities to level up, buy things, etc.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:56 am

The half-elf is a little shorter than usual for her kind, though her elven features stand out more than the human. Her age is difficult to surmise, but she seems young, barely past the cusp of womanhood. She is muscular and tanned and seems like the sort of person used to hard work. The woman has shoulder-length, long white hair that falls down her back and over her shoulders in a few braids. Her eyes are green, which match the color of a simple stone set in a ring upon her finger.

She is dressed in natural hues of green and brown and carries a stout darkwood quarterstaff that taps on the floor as she walks. A sling hangs at her belt accompanied by a pouch of what is undoubtedly sling stones. She wears armor that appears to be made from some sort of green reptilian leather and a circlet wrought of stems and flowers graces her head. The large tiger follows after, padding softly upon the floor and sniffing the air.

Stopping a short distance into the room, the half-elf woman stops and looks around the area as her eyes adjust to the light inside. The tiger stops at her side and snorts. "Excuse me," the woman addresses the room as she looks around. "I am looking for members of the Grey Company?" Perhaps not quite what is expected from one of elven extraction, the woman's speech is rustic rather than polished.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:50 am

Taris chooses to keep the motivation behind her squad's movements, the AWOL, and the and political climate of Thrane in confidence with those who have already heard it.

She takes stock of the tavern and the patrons and asks for a tall glass something light - whatever looks like something she would find at Flamekeep - and joins Zeevan for a drink. When the foreign speaker arrives, Taris moves a hand casually within reach of her weapon at the sight of the exotic creature that comes through the door behind her. The girl herself appears nonthreatening, so she waves at her.

"I'm with a member of the Grey Company, over here."
Wow! I might look into grabbing some healing. We'll see.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:41 pm

Just to be clear, this Tavern, the Drunken Shifter is owned and opperated by the Grey Company and is on Grey Company grounds, in the tower. Sorry, my bad! Pretty much everyone here should be members, its like the Elk's Club sort of thing.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:12 am

The girl breaks into a slight smile and strides over to the table. When the big cat begins to follow, she shoos it into a corner. "Go lie down over there, Summer. I must speak with these people. Behave yourself and do not eat anyone," she adds with a twinkle in her eye.

"I'm Ceridwen," she says at last, stopping in front of Taris and the others. She keeps looking around and seems somewhat ill-at-ease in the establishment. "I'm new here. Well, about a month new. But that's pretty new, don't you think?"
Sorry, I thought the PCs were the Grey Company. What do I call them specifically? :P

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:31 am

Taris relaxes. "Yes, it is. Please, sit. I'm Taris Mertien, of Thrane. I've only recently arrived, but I'm used to cities. And this is Zeevan."

She nods in the direction of the ninja.

"Where are you from, Ceridwen?"
I think I picked up on that. The PCs, well, minus Taris, are the Grey Company too, technically, being hired/recruited by them. I figured that porters and other servants wouldn't consider themselves part of the Grey Company proper, apart from the magicians and guards employed for protection and other services, and the adventurers.

Taris is probably the only one here who wasn't expecting a tiger to walk in, but everyone else in the tower is probably used to it.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:13 am

"Not far." Ceridwen glances at the offered seat and takes it gingerly, perching on the edge like a bird. "I am not used to the city. I grew up on a farm beyond the boundaries of Stormreach, and haven't spent much time here but recently. I am new to this tower as well, and I was told to seek your group out?"
No worries. Ceridwen's a bit overwhelmed by the city anyway, so her being confused is fine (and amusing to me).

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:35 pm

Seated with them is a tall, striking woman. She has long black hair and blue eyes. Her nationality is ... difficult to pin down. Nothing really fits. She has on badly fitting leather armor, clearly designed for a man, and twin swords on her belt. "I'm Zeevan, as friend Taris shared. Been in the Grey Company at least a few weeks now. Time flies when you're busy."

She doesn't seem overly concerned that this Ceridwen is hesitating to actually sit down. Different strokes for different folks. "And it's happy to be in demand, I suppose. Why do you think you were directed to speak to us in particular? We've had some amazing successes in our missions lately, for sure, but there are others that do good work too."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:17 am

Oops, I'll do mine as well. I'm actually thinking of changing it, but this will do for now.
Taris is a fair-toned blonde of middling height. Her eyes are the color of a precious yellow stone (cymophane), and seem to shine in the shadows. She is otherwise unassuming, with a scar on her cheek covered by her fringe.

She angles to get a better view of the tiger laying down and looking around, smelling the room. "You must have a lot of mice on your farm. I'm sure I haven't seen a housecat that big."

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Othniel » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:01 am

"Someone said something about some shards and needing some extra magic," Ceridwen explains. "I've done some work for the other people, er, upstairs." She waves her hand vaguely upward. "And I need more experience working alongside others besides Summer Blossom here," she adds, glancing at the tiger. "She's my friend. Can't speak as we do, but she communicates in her own way. We had cats on the farm, but there is no farm now. It was burnt down when I was younger. The Wild took me in."