Book 2: Chapter 2 - The Lady's Light

Eberron is a world of pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows.

In the wake of a long and terrible war, a world struggles to find its destiny. Will it descend once more into brutal conflict and end in spectacular annihilation, or will the world emerge at last into a new era of peace and prosperity? One group of heroes hopes to make Eberron a better place. The Grey Company, formed by a collection of heroes recruits new members to their growing ranks -- you among them.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

The Fate of the Graverobber

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:53 pm

The woman shrugs. "Well, we met Jasper in Rag's End, past Garay's Games shop. And Nirus barely managed to give us his shopping of herbs to hunt down before we left the Grey Tower." She looks at a loss. "But yeah, if I was a mind-sucking sorcerer of some sort, that wouldn't help much." She pauses, looking around. "Sorry? I'm a scout, not a scholar." She pauses, thinking more. With a look of concentration, she disappears for a couple seconds, then reappears in place. "Well, at least that's still working. I wonder if my ..." she looks at her hands intently, but nothing happens. "... nope, I can't call forth elemental power any more. The price of being human, I guess."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:33 pm

The use of Zeevan's old vanishing trick is enough for the time being that Fletcher relaxes his stance and lowers his blade. Looking at the beautiful woman standing before him and then to the seemingly dead Zeevan on the floor, "So what should we do now? Do we need to keep the body with us should we ever find a way to reverse this?"
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:52 pm

"It's gonna get stiff and pretty damned ripe if we do that," Rikkan replies. "Dead bodies don't travel all that well, especially in the heat." His nose twitches and he adds. "But maybe if we put the body in the sarcophagus some of the residual preservation magic will keep it from decaying too much while we explore this place."
Alas, this is not Weekend and Bernie's. Dead bodies get pretty yucky over time.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:28 pm

It seems for now you might believe that this woman is Zeevan. She knows only things he would, and Jey's mind link seems to suggest she is who she-he says she is. Its all rather uncertain, but you go with it. Jasper is laughing, "And the fire shall turn to ash, and the mouse become the cat! Ahahahah! Yes yes, Zeevan, oh poor Zeevan." He looks around, wild eyed with a smile on his face.
Let's assume you loot the new body, and She-van loots his old body so he has all his gear once more. It all basically fits close enough.

Zeevan's corpse is in the coffin, but the lid is heavy as hell and broke so you can't cover it back up.

Loot from the new body:
She-van wears a necklace of lapi s lazuli worth 325 gp,
a pair of emerald- studded earrings worth 1,500 gp as a pair,
seven rings worth 500 gp each,
and a silver and pink pearl anklet worth 400 gp.

Loot sheet updated
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:47 pm

"Strange times," Rikkan mutters as they prepare to move on. "Very strange times." Then he pats She-van on the back. "But being a lady has to be better than being dead. So you have that going for you."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:23 pm

Zeevan adjusts his armor as best he can, discovering firsthand that despite their similarities in builds, men don't have to worry about hips, or breasts. When they get back to town, he's going to have to make some significant adjustments to how the armor settles on ... her body. And update her internal gender pronouns. That'll take some getting used to. "Definitely better than dead, Rikkan. And hell, I could start up a modeling career as a sideline. So, you know, silver linings and all that."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:42 pm

Je helps gather Zeevan's effects, turning uo as Zeevan discusses modeling.

You don't see this as a temporary situation, then?

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:51 am

"Odd, certainly. But we can't stand around forever. I have read of magics that could turn him... her, back to normal. That is if he she even wants to be turned back. We can figure it out then. We have a mission to complete." Oloven gives the room another good scan while he waits for the others to ready themselves.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:02 pm

"If there's magic to turn Zeevan back," Rikkan observes. "it's magic we don't have at our disposal. So Oloven's right. We should press on and Zeevan will have to make do with the situation, at least for now."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:28 pm

Fletcher sheathes his greatsword then looks at their options for moving on. "Well, will it be left or right?"
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"