Book 2: Chapter 2 - The Lady's Light

Eberron is a world of pulp noir where swashbuckling and intrigue run rampant. The Last War is over, the war to end all wars, but many say the fighting has simply shifted from the battlefield to the shadows.

In the wake of a long and terrible war, a world struggles to find its destiny. Will it descend once more into brutal conflict and end in spectacular annihilation, or will the world emerge at last into a new era of peace and prosperity? One group of heroes hopes to make Eberron a better place. The Grey Company, formed by a collection of heroes recruits new members to their growing ranks -- you among them.

Run by the Dragonmarked Heir Vardaen
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Sorshen's Bedchamber: Round 1

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:32 pm

Zeevan looks at Taris like she's crazy, but doesn't have any better ideas. The ninja sets herself in a runners stance, then explosively sprints towards the warrior, ready to work together to boost her up into the air towards the false Sorshen.
Love it! As I'm the acrobatic ninja, it makes sense that I'm the one trying to get the boost up to get into attacking distance.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Sorshen's Bedchamber: Round 2

Post by Vardaen » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:48 pm

Round 1 Sorshen 23, Taris 15, Orianna 15, Zeevan 11, Je 11
Round 2 Sorshen 23, Taris 15, Orianna 15, Zeevan 11, Je 11
Taris turns, shield held at the ready, "Jump!" Zeevan smiles a wicked smile and draws his blades charging at the knight. The woman leaps atop the shield even as Taris pushes it upwards launching Zeevan into the air. The ninja reaches up, flaming blade in hand, she stabs it into the thigh of the flying 'Lord of Lust'. The blade pierces flesh, but not well, and the flames have no effect.

Zeevan lands like a cat.

Orianna curses, "Get down here!" She draws her longbow and fires off a shot, it goes wide.

The Je Samvarta, of the Path of Inspiration, lets his Psi Crystal float before him. EARTH TO EARTH. GROUND TO GROUND. BOUND YOU ARE! THe mental screaming in your head rings out and a collection of blue crystals appear and wrap themselves around the flying foe's legs. The pull her down, yanking her to the floor, and while they don't hold her in place, they weigh her down to the point where she can not take flight again. Blood leaks from Je's nose, I am spent, I have no more to me.

Then he drops to his knees grabbing at his head, "Arggggggggggggggggggggggh! Get. Out. Of. My. Hea...." his eyes glaze over and he stands up, a little drool escaping his mouth. "Sorshen" laughs and winks, "Now he's mine."

Taris, Zeevan and Orianna...
Taris: Prep: Aid Another STR Check: 11 Success (Action Point)
Zeevan: Acro (2) 14 + 11 = 27 Success, Attack: 28 Hit for 11 + 11 Sneak = 22 - 5/Cold Iron + 6 Fire - 10 Fire Resistance = 17 Damage
Orianna: Draw Bow, Shoot 16 Miss
Je: Grounding: Dumps all his points into raising the DC, Will Check: 19 vs 23 Fail!
Combat Round 2
Sorshen: Charm Perso vs Je: Will Save 13 Fail
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:36 pm

Zeevan jukes to the left and tumbles forward, dancing around the enemy. "Come in Taris, let's show her some hospitality!" She holds her weapons for a second, to coordinate with her allies.
Move NE/SE (using Acrobatics to avoid an AOO). Puts me 1 East of 'Sorshen'. Ready Action: Attack (flanking/sneak attack) once Taris moves in and can threaten 'Sorshen'.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:49 am

One hand must be freed so that the aasimar may strike, and noticing the deceiver's seeming resistance to Zeevan's cold iron, Taris drops her polearm with no small displeasure and grips her flail as she closes distance.

"No one belongs to you, thing!" She draws on zealous rage as she swings to club Sorshen.
Free: Drop polearm
Move: 5ft move to Sorshen, flanking with Zeevan. Draw flail as part of movement.

Full? Attack: Power Attack Sorshen with flail.

Other: Stand Still active, Action Point reserved.

Enchantment: Merciful converts all damage to nonlethal plus 1d6. It is active by default.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Sorshen's Bedchamber: Round 2-3

Post by Vardaen » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:40 pm

Round 2 Sorshen 23, Taris 15, Orianna 15, Zeevan 11, Je 11

Round 3 ]Sorshen 23, Taris 15, Orianna 15, Zeevan 11, Je 11

Two edits, the Charm was supposed to be Confusion I changed it half way along in my rolling but didn't post right.

Also the resistance was against NON-Cold Iron, so I'm editing for Taris
Zeevan and Taris made a courdinated move. Zeevan rolls out of the way ad Taris brings her Cold Iron polearm down at Sorshen. The swing slices through some of the bed post and misses its target. A secound backhand of the bec de corbin also connects with nothing but air. That's when Zeevan rolls into position up on the bed, its bouncy and comfy, but she doesn't care about that. Instead she swing her flaming blade missing the ducking foe.

Orianna snarls, drops her bow, draws her longsword and moves into the melee with a swing that nearly clips her former mistress, "I won't suffer by your hand any more."

Je stands there, drooling and babbling a bit.

Sorshen is not laughing, no she's concerned, and frustrated, there is some doubt, some. "Orianna, why don't you return to me, strip off those raiments of war and join me in the bed with your friend here!" Orianna lowers her blade, a mental struggle taking place, "Tempting, but no!" The half naked woman sighs, "Your loss."

The heroes...
Taris: Full Attack w/ Cold Iron Polearm (treatens): 21 Miss, 19 Miss
Zeevan: Move (Acro: "20") Success up onto Bed: Flanking Attack 23 Miss
Orianna drop Bow/Draw Blade, Move: Attack 20 Miss
Je: Confusion 41% Babbles

Combat Round 3
Sorshen: CoD: 27 Success, Charm Person Orianna: Will Save 21 Success
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:58 pm

Taris quenches her anger as she follows into the next strike of the tagteam onslaught, ignoring the banter. At least Orianna is holding out. Hopefully Sorshen won't be able to keep up with the casting for much longer.
Because I've got the Cold Iron, I'm going to avoid provoking oppies for now and keep swinging. Btw to use the polearm, Taris has to drop her shield, so she's lost the AC benefit from that for now.

Full: Full Attack. Action Point on the second attack if the first one is a miss. No Power.

Deactivating Stand Still.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:38 am

Zeevan growls in anger, hating this mind-fuckery business. "You little shit, get out of our minds!" She re-doubles her efforts, continuing the attack.
Besides the Flanking, my off-hand sword also gives a +2 assistance to others Flanking my same enemy. :)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Sorshen's Bedchamber: Round 3-4

Post by Vardaen » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:54 pm

Round 3 Sorshen 23, Taris 15, Orianna 15, Zeevan 11, Je 11

Round 4 Sorshen 23, Taris 15, Orianna 15, Zeevan 11, Je 11
Taris lays into the woman before her, her Cold Iron blade hacks into her chest and opens a wound there that is not resisted by the creature's power, whatever this thing really is. Sorshen staggers back, and is so doing avoids the second swing.

She steps into Zeevan however, who nearly cuts her open with a flaming blade, instead its a strong stroke, but not critical. The flames of the weapon have no effect, and are not strong enough to ever have any effect on Sorshen. Still the 'clone' swings with a second blow, and nicks the back of her thigh.

Orianna presses the attack, and with her own magical sword stabs and hacks at your foe. The blade lands one, and stabs a few inches into the flesh of Sorshen making her yelp. She turns her attention to her former lover, as she dances a few feet south preventing you from flanking her so easily. "Oh Orianna, I'm so sorry for you. Die!" An image of Orianna's worst nightmare begins to form in her mind, she struggles against it, but she's bolstered by your presence and Orianna pushes it out of her mind, "No! No, get out of my head!"

Je, the only man in the fight, stands by idly drooling on himself doing nothing.

The heroines...
Taris: Full Attack (Flank +4 from Menacing on Zeevan): 31 Hit for 13 Dmg, 20 Miss
Zeevan Full Attack (Flank +4): "20" (Crit: 17) Normal Hit for 5+4 SA = 9 - 5/Cold Iron = 4 Dmg , 28 Hit for 3+10 SA= 13 -5/CI = 8 Dmg
Orianna: Full Attack 30 Hit for 10 - 5/CI = 5 Dmg, 25 Miss
Je Confusion 26 - Babbles

Combat Round 4
Sorshen: 5ft Step Phansamal Killer: vs Orianna: Will Save "20" Success Nothing Happens

She has Fire Resistance 10 so won't be rolling the d6 dmg, just to make it easier on myself.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:51 pm

Zeevan keeps on the pressure with Taris, continuing to back 'Sorshen' into a corner. Well, round rooms don't have corners, but that's not the point. "You can't win! You can already see that. Give up now, and we can show you mercy. Keep this up, and we'll have no option but to kill you."
Continuing our little dance. I assume Taris and I will both move 5' SW, and coordinate our Flanking attacks.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:48 am

Orianna, I'm here for you, stay strong!
Je? Can you hear me? Can you help us?

Zeevan's mercy comment draws a look from Taris, and one can easily tell what she thinks about that. Regardless, she advances with Zeevan to flank Sorshen to death.

"Keep your claws to yourself! Not - one - more!"
Full attack, Power Attack. Action Point on miss.