Grey Company - Welcome Chatter

Here is the OOC forum for the Grey Company game.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Grey Company - Welcome Chatter

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 23, 2014 5:15 am

You can post
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Fri May 23, 2014 9:39 pm

Before posting IC again, I need some clarification on the matter below.
brunotr wrote:Speaking of our current objective, I still don't know what we're up to.
Anyone?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 23, 2014 11:04 pm

I think I posted it in the IC thread.

You are after a Shard, located in the Crow. A massive stone bridge support out in the middle of the bay. The piling is supposed to be filled with chambers and such.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sat May 24, 2014 12:04 am

Don't miss this thread.

https://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/Forums/v ... =7307.html

Stormreach is a city built on a city, built on a city. At one point it was a Giant's city, and that's clear all over. Some places are built into ancient giant structures, etc. If you check the map you'll see a large bridge like ruin spanning out into the harbor.

That is Giant's Span, and there are large pilings, free standing stone supports that once held the bridge/span up. They are massive. Fletcher says one known as The Crow is where you need to go to find the next shard. It should be pretty common knowledge where and what these ruins are. You can't come to Stormreach and not see them.

I would read from this thread for a few pages, that will explain it all. Assume Fletcher tells you IC what you read in the thread:

https://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/Forums/v ... t=360.html

Paraphrase from Val'trith:

"What you have found, my friends, is nothing short of a miracle. Khorvaire has seen its share of miracles of late, the making of the Mournlands, the end of the war, the defeat of the Daelkyr, but this discovery will soon be remembered as an equal to those events. This a powerful Xen'drik artifact, a fragment of horacalcum and a portion of the Shattered Star of Xin: to be precise, the Shard of Pride. I suspect that the shard's current carrier already knows more about it than I do, including the curse it brought with it, in fact..." he looks to Fletcher. "You might start by telling us what you know about it now that you've held the shard for a while."

"That was the plan," Col. d'Orien replies. "The Shattered Star represents a powerful defense against the dangers that have been rising up. Rebuilding the artifact will give us something that we can use to protect Stormreach. Thankfully, with one piece found, we should be able to find the others now."

The colonel looks to Fletcher and says, "hold the Shard of Pride and concentrate on the Sihedron's shape. If what I've read about it is true, you should receive a vision of where the next piece can be found. Each fragment of the Shattered Star is purported to be linked to one more fragment in a set sequence. By concentrating on the Sihedron while holding a shard that's been "awakened" with the proper ioun stone, one is supposed to receive a vision of the region in which the next shard in the sequence is located. It may not be at the level of precision we'd like. But it should be enough to set you on the right course."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 30, 2014 7:32 pm

I think I should have ended the chapter just before going into the Crow. I might still do it and move posts around. Watch for that.

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Fri May 30, 2014 9:08 pm

@Vardaen: can you reshare my sheet? I'm not finding it in my googledrive.
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 30, 2014 9:51 pm

Done

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:21 pm

Thank you!
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:20 pm

Since Werz's initiative comes before Helion's, I'm waiting for Mackaber's post before I post Helion's actions, ok? I'm guessing he'll charge at the remaining girl so Helion will probably go for the one that fled south.

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:39 pm

@Vardaen: Helion's Aid Another maneuver is +4 not +2, So I think he would not be hit and therefore won't need Oloven's healing. I'll post when I get a reply about this, ok?
A.K.A. Tvrod.