Random Party Chatter

Here is the OOC forum for the Grey Company game.
Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Re: Random Party Chatter

Post by Othniel » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:54 pm

Ceridwen should be all leveled up, outfitted, and ready to go.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:22 pm

Oh, lol it does but I'm wrong. I read about it again, and actually the serpent was the prophet's mount. Hmm.

Eberron wiki
The Silver Flame is not an anthropomorphic deity. It is a celestial force comprised of a vast multitude of noble spirits.

Witches
Generally feared and misunderstood, the witch draws her magic from a pact made with an otherworldly power. Communing with that source, using her familiar as a conduit, the witch gains not only a host of spells, but a number of strange abilities known as hexes.

I think I can totally work the "otherworldly power" angle, with something whispering to Taris during an evening of prayer and meditation. And of course it was the spirits mentioned on the wiki.

I learned something else while hunting for a feat for level 7. An attempt to demoralize an enemy with Intimidation is supposed to be a standard action, and that isn't what happened near the end of our fight with the boss demon. There are some feats that pair it with making an attack, like Frightening Ambush and Enforcer, but my aim with this character is to be the party shield. I am considering giving her Cleave feats...

How do we calculate the cost of items? I'm gonna go ahead and buy an Explorer's Outfit to replace Taris' soldier outfit - she will keep it in the bag of holding though, who knows, it may be handy to have clothing for Zeevan or at least one other person to help with a bluff.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:30 pm

The theme all sounds fine to me.

All gear is normal cost from the SRD or books. No discounts, just easy access to them through the Tower.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:30 pm

One random Eberron option is for your strange arcane powers to manifest via an Aberrant Dragonmark theme wise.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:42 pm

I'll start the new chapter as soon as I can, until then, you can RP training, shopping, exploring the city a bit. Get to know the new person, etc, sorry, I'll get there.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:02 pm

I promise I will start the new chapter this week.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:59 pm

It's fine. Are you feeling the cabin fever yet?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:05 pm

I lied I guess.

Its not so much the cabin fevor, since I'm heading into work each day, and still playing online with friends. My game group went TTS, and such. Work is actually overly busy, I feel run down all the time, and I may be a bit overwhelmed with everything.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:00 pm

Sounds human to me, my friend. :) The stress has gotten to us all in various ways. Take your time. We'll be here when you have the energy to start it up again.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon May 04, 2020 5:08 am

That is an amazing image in the main Thread! That airship, and the 'modern' city. So alien to our characters.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."