Character Creation

This is a forum to discuss Shadowwk's VtM: Dark Ages game.
Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Re: Character Creation

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:31 pm

Stavros Papandrea
ImageImage
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:49 pm

Trying to find time to finish character (Mostly finished). However because of my characters age the history is taking a bit longer. Grygor was responsible for the suicide of Nero and the driving force behind the meeting of the council of Nicea. Yeah that kind background...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:00 pm

Is that even possible? I mean we start at 12th generation, right? So we could only go back to 7th if I am not mistaken and for millenia of age you'd have to build 4th or 5th or something like that... Unless we're talking of another Nero...
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:11 pm

Yeah, I was curious too, most games take place in the later 1100's, this one is circa 1350 or so I do believe. Most 10th gen's are only about 100 yrs old or so. No idea about 7th gen's as I myself am having to do some research into the Byzantine Empire already LOL.

I guess in retrospect, you could easily use torpor as both A) an excuse for the weakened blood line and B) a way of cutting down the history length.

;)
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:14 pm

Well, the Byzantine Empire was very interesting that it declined several times but grew a lot again later. In the late 1100s it was a larger again.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:46 pm

Nero commited suicide somewhere around 68 AD. Shadow already said that I can't use the AGE benefit but I have decided to keep my background as it is as far as starting dates and such...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Shadowwk
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Shadowwk » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:56 pm

Because age breaks games. And yes, torpor is your friend. We had a roman nos, slightly younger than grygor. But, just do what you can and take the rules with a grain of salt. Honestly, if I can get this off the ground before samhain I'll be happy.
See you on the other side

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:50 pm

Since the game is set circa 1350+ how about the following for my guy Stavros (an 8th Generation vampire)?

He was one of the few Anatolian levies who refused to flee during the Battle of Manzikert in 1071. Impressed with his bloodlust and desire to slay the Turks, Stavros' sire would take the hulking behemoth upon his deathbed and embrace him to the dark side.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:15 am

Also, remember that even if you're technically low Generation, it doesn't mean you're actually an old vampire. You have simple been sired by a lower Generation vampire. If he's still active, and decided to sire another Childe, then there you go. That's what I'll be doing for my character.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:19 am

Haven't seen anything here for awhile. Is this game still on track and running?
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name