Character Creation

This is a forum to discuss Shadowwk's VtM: Dark Ages game.
MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Character Creation

Post by MadVlat » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:05 am

By the way Haya, maybe you didn't catch the name he is using. "Brother Grygor". Cloistered noble second son. Vampiric noble that is...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Shadowwk
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Shadowwk » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:09 am

Since ive got a few requests for the date, the game is set in the later half of the 14th century. Ill havevwritten history and stuff up by weeks end, school is just kicking my ass.

And MV, that was a fantastic picture and made me laugh for the first time today.

For that, everyone gets an extra dot of discipline. (In clan only, sorry)
See you on the other side

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:24 am

Here's my first stab at a character sheet:

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/28800
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Shadowwk
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Shadowwk » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:04 pm

My good man, you have 5xp left to spend.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:26 pm

Hayabusa wrote:Also, I was going with the Minority flaw, that says 1 or more points. Seeing that an arab in the middle of the Holy Roman Empire...
Shadowwk?

Here's what I threw together: http://sheetgen.dalines.net/sheet/28745
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Shadowwk
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Shadowwk » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:11 pm

Yeah, I'm cool with the minority flaw. And that looks pretty good haya. Specialties work thatif you have anything over 4dots you pick something and reroll 10s whenever that comes up.

For example, bob the grel has 4 dots in stamina. Jim the brujha throws a rock at him for 4 damage. Bob rolls 4 dice and gets 10, 7, 8, 2. Since he has a specialty in stamina he rerolls the tenand gets a 7, the rock bounces off him harmlessly.

Its the same thing for 5 dots, but you reroll 9s & 10s

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:24 pm

I'm so glad that this isn't GM-ed by one of my friends who likes running WoD campaigns. Haya, such a "Combat Wombat", with only subterfuge as a social skill, would be slain so fast, it isn't funny.

I'm cool with you playing your character however you want (Assamites are cool!), but you don't even have 1 point in Etiquette. How have you not gotten a Blood Hunt called on you yet? You're an Arab in the Holy Roman Empire (you took Linguistics, so we can say you know German), but you don't have any real skill at talking to them, except lying? Every Prince you meet would want you dead. I love how you can kill everything dead in 1 round, but socially you'll be screwed.

I don't Shadowwk will be throwing Elder Ones at us in the first adventure. Might want to tone down the death-dealing and get some chance at talking, or not even my character would want to have you around, and he likes competent fighters!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:29 pm

Influential mentor? ;)

Of course I posted this so people can tell me what's wrong or broken or not good and I can tweal it.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:31 pm

Shadowwk wrote:Yeah, I'm cool with the minority flaw. And that looks pretty good haya.
Nah, I meant: would it be worth -more- points? I mean, the guy's not some rumanian stranger or scandinavian guy but an arab.

Shadowwk
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Shadowwk » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:39 am

Its funny you should mention scandinavians...