Book 1: Act 1 - We Left The Path

It is the year 2946 of the Third Age, and the lands east of the Misty Mountains are astir. From the cloud-shrouded peaks above the High Pass to the spider-infested gloom of the forest of Mirkwood, paths long-deserted are trodden once again. Busy merchants carry their wares to new markets, messengers bring tidings from foreign realms, and kings send forth armed men to extend their influence and the rule of law. Some say that a new age of freedom has begun, a time for adventure and great deeds to reclaim glories lost in long centuries of oppression and decline.

But adventures are not really things that people go out and look for. They are dangerous and rarely end well. While it is true that a handful of valiant individuals set out to make their mark on the world, for others it seems that adventure chooses them, as though it is the path they are fated to tread. They are restless warriors, curious scholars and wanderers, always eager to seek what was lost or explore what was forgotten. Ordinary people call them adventurers, and when they return successful, they call them heroes. But if they fail, no one will even remember their names...

Run by the Loremaster Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Attercop! Attercop!

Post by Vardaen » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:40 pm

The man is sick, so much so he throws up a little into the bushes as he get's to his feet. Things are getting blurry and its hard to breath, and now his mouth has a terrible taste to it. He grabs his axe in both hands and swing into the air, and strikes the spider right between the eye bundles. His long hafted axe splits the skull like a log and wedges itself inside the attercop. Sick and staggering Aerith manages to pull the weapon clear, his blurry vision showing him one spider remains.

Wren and Varuthil all tangled up...
Aerth: Open Stance
On Chat Tet said to use his Battle Bonus die + Hope

Axe 2: Sauron Rune (0) +2 + 4 +6t! + 4 Hope = 16 Great Success
Damage: 9 Endurance Loss (Dead)

After a bit of re-reading a Saruon rune, in most cases, counts as a 0. It doesn't appear to be an auto miss.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Re: Attercop! Attercop!

Post by Eilandor » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:24 pm

Wren eyes Aerth hurl in the brush yet recover to down one of the spiders. That leaves the one near Varuthil who is having her own issues. Wren readies another arrow, draws and fires in the direction of the last foe.
Rearward Stance
Bow 3 vs Spider (Spend 1 Hope if needed)
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

A moment to breath....

Post by Vardaen » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:37 pm

Wren turns, eyes on Aerth, but the man chops the spider's head open. So he swings around and fires off a shot at the spider rearing up over the webbed Varuthil. The arrow whistles through the air and strikes the spider in the back of the neck. The shaft and head vanishes inside the spider ripping it up and pokes out the front of its body right in Varuthil's face. With a scream it topples forward to the dirt path very much dead.

Baldor shouts, "Come on! Let's go!" He runs over to Varuthil and tries to help her get cut free of the web so you can run for the camp, which can't be far now.
Wren
Bow 3: 10 + 4+3+5 = 22 Piercing Hit (Because the Feat Die rolled => than the Bow's Edge Rating, 10)

Damage: 5 Endurance Loss

Injury: Protection Test
Armor 2: 7 + 3+3 = 13 vs TN 14 Failure. Wounded (DEAD)
The fight for the moment is over. You can flee back to back.

But in 3 rounds Aerth is about to get paralyzed from the poison.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: A moment to breath....

Post by TetNak » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:12 pm

Aerth is dizzy, stumbling as he turns to follow Baldor. "Not -- too -- far .."

Aerth falls to his knees, picking himself back up, and supporting his weight on a nearby tree. "I am --- going --- to stop --- pass --- out?" Aerth is not sure what is happening, but he knows it isn't good. "Help --- me --- walk?" he asks anyone.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:12 am

"Thank you," says Varuthil to Baldor as he helps her out of the webbing. "Let's get Aerth back to camp. Once there, I can look at him to see if I can do anything to stop the poison." In the mean time, she offers him a spider-web covered shoulder to lean on.
Varthuil has Healing 2, which seems like it might be useful right about now. She also also has Athletics 3, so supporting Aerth shouldn't be a big problem, especially if someone else supports him from the other side.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:26 am

"If you two can handle helping Aerth I can keep watch as we make our way back." Wren keeps his bow at the ready and waits until the others are ready to head back.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The End

Post by Vardaen » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:31 am

Baldor and Varuthil grab Aerth, in a few moments he not only passes out but his body takes on a dead look. Vaurithil is worried at fist, but quick examination of him proves he's alive, but paralyzed from the spider poison. Baldor and Varuthil hurry, the merchant is still very unsure just who you are or what is going on, but he works with those that freed him from the web none the less. Wren keeps the rearguard, his bow out and arrow ready to fire.

You race forward and soon you see the roaring fire of your camp up ahead...
This thread is now ending. You exit back to the main thread here:
https://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/Forums/v ... tml#267113