Book 3: Act 1 - Of Leaves and Stewed Hobbit

It is the year 2946 of the Third Age, and the lands east of the Misty Mountains are astir. From the cloud-shrouded peaks above the High Pass to the spider-infested gloom of the forest of Mirkwood, paths long-deserted are trodden once again. Busy merchants carry their wares to new markets, messengers bring tidings from foreign realms, and kings send forth armed men to extend their influence and the rule of law. Some say that a new age of freedom has begun, a time for adventure and great deeds to reclaim glories lost in long centuries of oppression and decline.

But adventures are not really things that people go out and look for. They are dangerous and rarely end well. While it is true that a handful of valiant individuals set out to make their mark on the world, for others it seems that adventure chooses them, as though it is the path they are fated to tread. They are restless warriors, curious scholars and wanderers, always eager to seek what was lost or explore what was forgotten. Ordinary people call them adventurers, and when they return successful, they call them heroes. But if they fail, no one will even remember their names...

Run by the Loremaster Vardaen
Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Enough is enough: Round 4

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:00 am

Finn is surprised at Tom's words. With the heat of battle he had nearly forgotten about his wound.
"Thankfully it is just that - blood - had he hit something vital I would not be standing now, Tom. But get something to slow it."

Finn fights through a bit of shock and remains standing.
Last edited by Blubbo_Baggins on Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:02 am

Doh, about 10 seconds too late, near cross post when i got email notice that someone posted to thread. Had my post almost finished :)

trying to rewrite it.
Borir starts to head to Aerth's side when Tom shouts. The dwarf moves over to Finn and takes hold of the man's shirt. The dwarf gives a quick tug and rips the man's shirt into a large piece.

"Here," The dwarf says to Tom. "Use this to bind it. Keep pressure on it. We should be to town shortly. You can sell that shield in town and get a new shirt."

The dwarf then heads over to assist with Aerth in binding the prisoners and the dog.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:45 am

Varuthil agrees with the decision to let Dagmar get away. They have more pressing concerns on their hands--one of them Finn's wounds. "You others watch the prisoners. Let me see to that," she says to Finn. She takes our her bandages and herbs and does what she can to help her companion. Though her manner is as brusk as always, her hands are surprisingly gentle when she applies the poultices and bandages.
Healing 2 roll. Can I use Merciful for an auto-success or a bonus? If you say no, that it should be reserved for particular cases, rather than used for every Healing roll is fine.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:08 am

"Oh dear," Pipkin says when his anger at Dagmar finally fades. "That looks serious. As soon as Varuthil tends to that, we need to get to town. You need a bed and some better care than we can manage out here in the woods. Perhaps Radagast can do something to help. He's a wizard, after all."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Recovering After the Fight

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:56 pm

Borir and Aerth bind the prisoners, but the dogs refuse to be, and snarling they eventually just bound away into the woods and remain on the edge of your camp for a good long while at this point.

Varurthil and Tom tend to Finn forcing the man to sit down regardless of how much he protests that its just a minor wound. He's starting to get a bit light headed and the pain is throbbing now and so when the she Elf sits him down he doesn't argue any more. Varuthil is gentle and skilled, she applies several herbal salves and then bandages the wound wrapping it tightly to prevent further blood loss. It will take a good long rest to do anything of value to the wound however, and out here in the wild you can only hope it won't grow worse.

With some rest and the situation in hand the group looks to their next move, the last leg to Rhosgobel and Radagast.
Recovery: A character who is not Wounded, and who at the end of combat is given the time to catch his breath (to rest for at least half an hour) recovers a number of Endurance points equal to his Heart score.

Aerth 23/24 F18
Borir 25/32 F21
Pip 22/23 F13
Varuthil 24/24 F9
Wren 19/25 F14

Treating Wounds
Varuthil Healing Skill 2: 2,3,3 = 8 vs TN14

Not sure how showing pity to enemies helps bind wounds, no Mercy on this.

Finn won't be recovering anything any time soon.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Recovering After the Fight

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:00 pm

Pushing away Varuthil's hands Finn tries to insist they move on.
"I'll be fine...I'll be fine. Let's move on."

He stands, takes a step, and begins to crumple. Thankfully Tom Lumpyface had been watching him closely, and quickly reacting, catches him, and puts Finn's arm over his shoulders.

"Someone else is going to have to help with the litter, I'm afraid," says Tom, as he and Finn begin to follow the group.
Finn's eyes are closed, and he follows Tom as a blind man might, trying to keep focused on walking.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:15 pm

"Oh, don't be silly," Pipkin says when he sees Finn refuse healing from Vauthil. "You've been hurt badly and the wound needs some attention. We don't want you collapsing on the way back. We're already carrying one badly injured man. I'm not sure we could manage two. It won't take but a moment, and that moment will be well spent. A stitch in time, saves nine, as my great aunt Primula always tells me. Spend a moment getting care now and save us a stop picking you up off the ground later on."
I know that skills aren't used on PCs. But FWIW, Pipkin will use True-hearted to show that he's sincere about what he says.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:29 pm

"Let Vauthil help you," Aerth says, "Else you'll be the one of the litter." Once the prisoners have been secured he ties their bonds together with a length of rope. "Do not try to escape, else I will have Wren here shoot you dead."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:47 pm

"Fine, fine." Looking at Varuthil...."Thanks for trying. I think perhaps you should actually examine here on the side of my abdomen."
Healing 2, spend Hope if needed

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:45 pm

Borir nods as he listens to the others. Helping secure the prisoners, the dwarf stands over them with his axe in hand. "Why not let them help with the litter?" He mentions as he nods one of the men with the handle of his axe.