Book 5: Act 1 - Those Who Tarry No Longer

It is the year 2946 of the Third Age, and the lands east of the Misty Mountains are astir. From the cloud-shrouded peaks above the High Pass to the spider-infested gloom of the forest of Mirkwood, paths long-deserted are trodden once again. Busy merchants carry their wares to new markets, messengers bring tidings from foreign realms, and kings send forth armed men to extend their influence and the rule of law. Some say that a new age of freedom has begun, a time for adventure and great deeds to reclaim glories lost in long centuries of oppression and decline.

But adventures are not really things that people go out and look for. They are dangerous and rarely end well. While it is true that a handful of valiant individuals set out to make their mark on the world, for others it seems that adventure chooses them, as though it is the path they are fated to tread. They are restless warriors, curious scholars and wanderers, always eager to seek what was lost or explore what was forgotten. Ordinary people call them adventurers, and when they return successful, they call them heroes. But if they fail, no one will even remember their names...

Run by the Loremaster Vardaen
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Radagast the Wise - October 17th: Evening

Post by Muskrat » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:12 pm

As Radagast takes his leave of them a second time, Varuthil says, "While it would be fascinating to follow a wizard at work"--and her eyes trail after him--"I do not think it wise to cross one when he seems determined to handle things on his own. I'm not even sure we could follow him if he didn't want us to--we might just end up thoroughly lost."

She looks around and a small smile of realization appears on her lips. "But he has invited us to stay here a while to rest. We may not be able to follow the wizard, but we may be able to learn something of where he lives." She begins turning around in a circle, taking everything in with curious eyes. "I think it would be for us to rest some time before returning to the Inn."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:15 pm

Pipkin nods at the wizard's comments. "The man said to rest, so I say we rest. I'm tired after that journey here. I'm glad that someone else is investigating this matter and that it's not our responsibility anymore." He starts back to the house. "I wonder if Radagast left anything to eat ..."

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:14 pm

Finn shrugs his shoulders and returns to Radagast's house. He sits, "Do any of you see anything to eat or drink?"

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:00 pm

Varuthil snorts in amusement. "Well, if don't see anything to eat, we can always ask. There are other people here in this wizard's little settlement. Or I could ask the squirrels to bring us acorns." She has actually made a joke.

shipwreck
Level 5
Level 5
User Class: Wanderer

Post by shipwreck » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:40 pm

Rathar has remained quiet through the exchange, outwardly calm. Inside he has been giddy with joy.

As the others turn back to the wood and the wizard's home, the Wood-goer stays put. "I will return when I may. I wish to stroll about the town and see what I can see."

With a nod, he strides swiftly in the direction of the Brown Wizard in the hopes of catching him.

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:20 pm

After spending the day in Rhosgobel, Finn discusses with the others the idea of returning to the Inn for a season. He wants to see how Dody and Dindy are, and invest a bit more time...seeing as how he has himself invested in the Inn, but has not been there to see if there has been a return, or if they are in need of a lot of help.

"Perhaps just another day or two of rest here in Rhosgobel, and then we can go north?"
If anyone else wants to go to the Inn, feel free to say so. I can't remember who else has the Inn for a Holding.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:02 pm

Borir stands and listens to the others. After a moment, the dwarf who's been unusually quite for the last few hours speaks up asking, "What of this news from the Woodmen of Mountain Hall? Are these new dangers that threaten them?"