Page 16 of 18

Ruins of Men and Trolls: Retreat

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:48 pm
by Vardaen
Varuthil's attention is on Gerwald, she pokes and prods, wraps, and treats with herbs and poultices. He feel a bit better when she's done, but he's far from fine, and weary and exhausted he just needs rest in a good bed on a safe place.

The red haired woman scoops her axe up and joins the company.
Varuthil Healing Rolled:
Feat Die: 8*
Success Die: 4,3,1
Totaling: 16

I'll let that heal 4 Endruance, Gerwald is still Weary

Ruins of Men and Trolls: Retreat

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:22 pm
by Blubbo_Baggins
"Well, now that all evil things have been quite thoroughly wakened and sent off, I think a warm fire and food is in order," says Finn chuckling. "And maybe time to break out one of the bottles of wine my father sent, I think we could all use some, especially Gerwald.

He turns to see that Hild has already uncorked a bottle and is pouring some into a wooden cup - she looks at Finn briefly then nods, and goes to hand it to the Beorning.

"It's no mead," she says, "But then you had some at the Wyngard house. Well, plenty. Yes, you polished off a bottle yourself. Unfortunately, you may have to share this one," she adds with a hint of a smile.

Ruins of Men and Trolls: Retreat

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:40 pm
by Muskrat
Varuthil looks gravely at Gerwald. "You've been banged up pretty badly, but you haven't received a serious wound." She sighs. "What you need most is a good night's sleep in a safe place, but it will be a while before you get that. For the time being, why don't you have something to eat"--she glances over at the group by the fire--"and something to drink? Then get some sleep. The rest of us will keep watch for the time being."

Ruins of Men and Trolls: Retreat

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:13 pm
by Graven
Heva smiles, "I should hope I know, lived in East Bight my whole life." She watches the party settle in for a drink, "I'll not ask your business, Caewin will get to that, but for my own, have you heard news of a group of dwarves heading that way? They're past due."

Ruins of Men and Trolls: Retreat

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:03 pm
by Blubbo_Baggins
"That's great to hear. How far are we from your village?" asks Finn. "My friends and I were part of those who urged the counsel of the Woodmen to accept Ceawin's steading as an official village, and as a result the Counsel encouraged him to grow and strengthen it with more people. It is time we go and visit him. . . .

It's interesting you mention the Dwarves. Just a day ago we were approached by Galion and a few scouts, and they were looking for the Dwarves as well, said they had been just a day ahead of us, but searching our camp we found no signs of them."

Ruins of Men and Trolls: Retreat

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:47 pm
by Othniel
"The camp may have been dwarves, and I suspect it was," Glirion suggests. "And that they took special care to remove identifying traces. But why?"

Ruins of Men and Trolls: Retreat

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:14 am
by Wbweather
Gerwald stands with a grunt of pain and extends a hand of greeting to the newcomer. "Welcome friend. What is it that brings you to these desolate parts? Have you been watching us or did you just happen upon us in the nick of time?"

Ruins of Men and Trolls: Retreat

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:55 pm
by Muskrat
Varuthil sits down with the others, but says nothing. She has already greeted the newcomer and the others are asking the questions she has.

Ruins of Men and Trolls: Retreat

Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 2:25 am
by Graven
Heva takes Gerwald's hand, "No, not watching you. If I was, I would have helped with the attack sooner. No, I was sent to see what I could find of those dwarves, but if you say they've been seeking to hide their passage, then perhaps they came to some misfortune."

Ruins of Men and Trolls: Retreat

Posted: Fri May 01, 2020 4:44 pm
by Blubbo_Baggins
"What business did the Dwarves have in East Bight? Or perhaps that's not my business to ask. Either way, I think it fate that you crossed our path. Let us help you find these Dwarves, and then together you can guide us to the steading. What say you?"