Chatter: Advancement

The OOC Forum for the Tales from Wilderlands campaign using The One Ring RPG system.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Chatter: Advancement

Post by Shurijo » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:10 am

I hope to get a 4 in axes, but I'm working on defense/encumbrance right now since that works better for us :)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:06 pm

According to the new supplement they present these ideas:

Experience Points Awards Ratio
The amount of Experience points to give to players has been calculated considering an average of 3 sessions of play for each complete Adventuring phase. Keeping this pace, each player would receive on average 6 Experience points, plus 1 or 2 additional points at the end of each story. This ratio can be adjusted based on the gaming habits of your group: if your games tend to be played in long single sessions (4 hours or more), cutting the number of sittings down to approximately half our average, then you should compensate handing out more supplementary Experience points at the end of the story. If on the contrary your games tend to take multiple sessions, then cut down the final Experience bonus.

Well look at that, 6 XP, just what I awarded for the first Adventure!

Advancement Points Awards Ratio
Loremasters should consider that the Advancement point costs for raising Common skills have been calculated considering that a companion should gain an average of 4 Advancement points for each session of play (more in the first session, as checks are easier to get when all boxes are empty). If the players are constantly gaining less points, then the Loremaster should encourage them to make a more profitable use of their Traits – for example, keeping a list of which ones are represented in the group and pointing them out during gameplay.

Since they say an average of 3 session times 4 points = 12 APs, just what I awarded before. So that seems about right.

There is room for extraordinary success or events where you might earn an extra point or two, but if you play, are active and put the effort in you'll get 6 XP and 12 AP every adventure.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:06 pm

With the end of the Battle for Woodland Hall at hand, I figure I can start handing out XP so people can start to figure out how to spend it.

Everyone gains: 12 APs and 6 XP

Sheet's updated
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:47 am

Hey just was pointed out to me that buying up favored skills with AP is actually cheaper than nonfavored!

The errata pdf has a table. I will repost it here tomorrow. This is obly for comkon skills not weapon skills but more points for you.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:27 am

Why wait? There it is.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:58 pm

Thanks!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:58 pm

I'm also going to update the sheet to add a tab for Experience/Advancement Point spending so we can track things. Its a bit tricky to remember what was spent when and for how much, etc.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:46 pm

Okay I've added an Experience Tab to the sheets, 3.3 and you can now track stuff there. I'm going to attempt to retroactively update these, so please also try with me.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:55 am

Alright.

I have made new Tab: Heroic Advancement
I have done some auto calc stuff on various sheets for XP/AP
I have gone through the sheet and written in EP (char build), XP and AP on the sheets. Everyone should be all the way updated for this stuff.

Haya, Saelirneth needs her stuff on the new tab still.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:44 am

Wrong game but you're right. I try to get stuff done tonight.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."