Fellowship Phase - Chatter

The OOC Forum for the Tales from Wilderlands campaign using The One Ring RPG system.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Fellowship Phase - Chatter

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:22 am

Part of the problem was I was refreshing Hope incorrectly and we fixed that half way through. From here on out I suspect it will get a bit more sticky. Also at certain points, based on Fellowship Focus you can recover a point here or there also.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:22 am

No one was wounded. We had many a Weary companion, but no wounds.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:23 am

I ask because if your Focus is wounded, you gain a point of Shadow (I think), and three if your Focus is killed.

That's good to know.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:40 am

Mmm, we might not be finished depending on how you'd like to resolve your primary incentive for goign north with Radgast. Anyhow, keep RPing I think for the most part its okay to level up.

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:44 am

Oh, I'm fine if we need to wait to spend XP. You probably saw that I did so with AP in the doc. But, we can ignore it if we decided to continue this adventure longer (fine with me!).

Also, Finn wants to return to Laketown, but since this will be a short Fellowship phase, I think I'll have him stay here. I like the idea of making the Easterly Inn a Sanctuary....at least I have a good story tie-in for why Finn would want to do that. And it would make sense for Finn to return to Laketown when Wren and Varuthil want to make a trip back to the Woodland Realm, so the three of them spend part of a Fellowship Phase together.

Anyway, just a few thoughts.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:46 am

If the party wants, we can return to Radagast and have a small scene that will sow some seeds for later on. They were on a mission of the Brown Wizard after all.

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:26 am

I'm just curious - this was the 3rd adventure for the whole fellowship (everyone else I mean), right?

How have you guys been handling Treasure? When Treasure is found, if not spent to increase Standing, can you store it in a Sanctuary (or invest it in a Holding)? I haven't seen rules for the latter (investing it), but it seems like a fun idea if it could be worked out somehow.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:30 am

So far the group hasn't collected much Treasure. I was just considering what to do with it. They haven't spent any beyond some simply RP during Fellowship Phases. However I was thinking they could store/stash it at a Sanctuary so they aren't lugging it around. I would also love the idea of investing it into a Holding. Right now no one has expressed any interest in a holding, and the game hasn't really gone that way yet, still feels kinda new guys getting their footing sort of thing, but I'm up for exploring a holding.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:34 am

I wouldn't mind looking into a Holding. But it might be nice if we had some Treasure first.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:34 am

Yes true, Dody owes you a bit of a reward still :)