Book 4: Act 2 - Fellowship Phase

The OOC Forum for the Tales from Wilderlands campaign using The One Ring RPG system.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:53 pm

Its time for the Fellowship Phase of Book 4.

You guys should keep RPing in the thread setting yourselves up for the Fellowship Phase to come.

I believe you may be splitting up this time, so you have to agree to return to a certain point to meet up again to continue on.

You can begin to spend your XP and AP.

XP Awards: 6 XP
AP Awards: 12 AP

Aerth, Borir, Finn, Varuthil, & Wren - Updating Your Sheets

Pipkin - 2 XP, 4 AP (Just in case Trog returns)

You should start spending them and thinking about how this works into the upcoming Fellowship Phase. I plan to start the FP once it makes sense to.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:54 pm

I am refreshing Hope, Fatigue and Endurance also.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:27 pm

How long will the Fellowship Phase be? It is Spring right?

Only at "Year's End" can we Tend to Holding (Easterly Inn), but I bet after spending XP a few of you guys could gain the Inn as a Holding if you wanted to.

I think since it isn't our "Winter" phase which is longer, Finn will probably:
1) Return to Laketown (with Oderic if he wants, unless Radagast invites him to stay at Rhosgobel or recommends he go elsewhere)
2) Trade out a Specialty for a new one (trading out "Rhymes of Lore" with "Minstresly" which will make writing songs just a little easier), write a new Song, and collect Marsh Herbs.

Can I do these things, in Laketown V? Essentially it is 2 actions - song & herbs, as swapping that trait is something Finn kind of already did/does.

If anyone else has a suggestion that would take the whole group (like making a Sanctuary out of a different place, etc.) please say so.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:00 pm

I expect this Fellowship Phase to end when Fall starts up. I want an autumn back drop for the next bit.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:01 pm

I'm not sure 2 undertakings makes sense, maybe. I have to double check on the timing of that stuff.

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:05 pm

OK sure, sounds good. The reason I want to have Finn do a different song is simply thematic. Being able to sing "The Lay of the Northmen" 2x in an adventure is already probably the most any "official" song singing will happen. Meaning, adding a new song to the mix will just differ things up, rather than making it so we can sing 3x, which would be overkill anyway. It would be nice to have a song for different occasions, rather than always doing the same one.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:41 pm

Oh I have no problem with you RPing additional songs. Mechanically you would retain 2 uses, but I'd let you sing whatever fun thing you might have made up.

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:47 pm

OK cool. In that case if everyone decides to go their own way, I'll have Finn gather herbs (and maybe go to the Laketown Market, since that wouldn't take very long I'd think). And if I have time, for thematic/interest sake I may write a different song so we can change things up some times.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:51 pm

I think Varuthil will probably return to the Easterly Inn and swap out Secretive for some other trait, since she hasn't been acting in a very secretive fashion.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:47 pm

Borir will also return to Easterly Inn to see Pipkin and maybe check in on the other dwarf there. I need to read about the other fellowship stuff and update my sheet as well.