Book 6: Act 2 - OOC Information

The OOC Forum for the Tales from Wilderlands campaign using The One Ring RPG system.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Book 6: Act 2 - OOC Information

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 08, 2018 3:31 pm

Well any friend of BB and WBweather... has my sympathies, and is welcome to the game.

I think that gives us a few new folks, Rue, Othoniel and WbWeather too!

I would love if the three new folks could work out a story and background together, we can assume some long time fellowship or something joining up with the current one. Allies of Radagast adds an easy in. Rue we have a Discord for chatting if you like.

http://discord.me/fotd

We have a sheet we use I'll get you (need an email, google works good its a google sheet).

We are playing the Tales of Wilderland / Darkening of Mirkwood, 5th adventure from Tales at this point. I hope you haven't played too far into those, hate for there to be spoilers.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Tue May 08, 2018 4:01 pm

Awesome!

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue May 08, 2018 5:12 pm

Welcome to the game. I've played in one of ZedTurtle's campaigns on RPGNet--an Everway campaign.

Rue
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Rue » Tue May 08, 2018 5:36 pm

Looking forward to it! Vardaen, I'll pm you my email. WbWeather and Othoniel, do you guys have PCs ready to go? Races you're hoping to play? Looking forward to plotting out our mini-fellowship.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 09, 2018 4:20 pm

I have decided to give all the new players the same XP and AP as Beran has.

So after Char Gen:
20XP
50AP

Ten we will use Courage found in the Adventurer's Companion.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Wed May 09, 2018 4:32 pm

Looking forward to having you all join.

Rue
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Rue » Mon May 14, 2018 10:48 pm

Quick question: is this the right channel to discuss how the three new PCs know each other, or am I missing another thread and everyone is waiting for me to chime in elsewhere?

I’m planning to be a hobbit unless anyone has strong objections (I have a hobbit PC I created for a voice-time game of Hermès Serpent that I never really got to take for a spin).

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Tue May 15, 2018 12:14 am

Vardaen can correct me, but I think this is the right channel! I haven't seen any further notifications in the game channel as a whole... Wb and the other guy have talked some in the discord channel. Have you gotten the invite to discord?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 15, 2018 4:06 pm

Yup this is the right one, Tale from Wilderland! You can read the IC thread, and work on a character and share with me, update the sheet I shared with you, etc.

I have been pretty busy so has been hard to get a chance to check things out with the new characters.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Mon May 21, 2018 9:12 pm

Okay, I should be all set. My Elf of Lorien is Glirion, a swan-ship sailor:

An elf of Lorien, Glirion is average height (for an elf) with blond hair, blue eyes, and a ready smile. Somewhat more willing to engage with outsiders than others of his kind, Glirion is one of a select few permitted by the Lord and Lady of the Galadhrim to leave Lothlorien and gather news of the outside world and the movements of the Enemy. Glirion is married to Alcarien, a healer and a keeper of Lothlorien's springs. Like many of his kindred, Glirion is at home in the woods or especially on the water, for Glirion is a skilled boatman and has spent many years piloting a swanship of the Galadhrim. He is a skilled archer, and his prized possession is a Galadhrim great bow of his own making.