Book 6: Act 3 - Fellowship Phase

The OOC Forum for the Tales from Wilderlands campaign using The One Ring RPG system.
shipwreck
Level 5
Level 5
User Class: Wanderer

Post by shipwreck » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:15 pm

Ugh I'm the worst. This keeps slipping my mind. I'll peek in the books and have something soon.

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:09 pm

V,

Can you do the Fate die roll for Finn, visiting the Trader's at Market Isle? Once I get the result, I'll narrate my FP.

After that, he will head up to the Easterly Inn, store his remaining treasure there, until we decide on our next path (He'll leave his treasure at the Inn UNLESS we head toward Laketown/Dale, then he'll take it with him).

shipwreck
Level 5
Level 5
User Class: Wanderer

Post by shipwreck » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:46 am

Okay let's keep the XP, up Travel to 3 (for 12 AP), and up Persuade to 3 (also for 12 AP).

If there's time in this Fellowship Phase, Rathar would like to make the trip to Esgaroth to look for herbs. He's feeling rattled after his experience with the poison and wants to be prepared. If not, he will visit the Kingstone to facilitate his healing.

Apologies again for totally missing this. My go-to is the "my posts" page and obviously I hadn't posted here so it didn't come up.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:50 pm

I'll make some rolls now for folks so you can plan things out.

Finn - Visit the Market at Trader's Isle

River-charm. You bought a lucky amulet of the éafolc. For the length of the following Adventuring phase,
if you are inside the Vales of Anduin you may spend 1 Hope to roll again if you get a Saurion Feat die
result.
Borir - Heal Corruption
Using Craft for Heal Corruption, At Sanctuary (Easterly Inn)

Craft 3 vs TN 14

-----------------------------
Rolled:
Feat Die: 1*
Success Die: 4,4,6t
Totaling: 15 with 1 success
-----------------------------
Rolled:
Feat Die: 10*
Success Die: 6t,5,3
Totaling: 24 with 1 success

Characters spending their Fellowship phase in a sanctuary are entitled to two rolls, while heroes who returned home are allowed a single roll instead.

On a successful roll, they reduce their score by two points on a success, four points on a great success, and six points on an extraordinary success.

Borir Heals 8 Shadow Points!

Also, your Battle Skill if Favoured so it cost only 12 not 16 to raise to Rank 4. I edited and fixed.
Rathar - Kingstone
New Fellowship Phase Undertaking:
Visit the Kingstone
Touching the Kingstone is said to bring good fortune. Companions spending a Fellowship phase in Rhosgobel
can travel to this ancient site. When heroes choose this undertaking for the first time, they recover up
to three points of Hope. They will recover one point on any subsequent visits in future Fellowship Phases.

+3 Hope to Rathar (tweaking the group heal to account for this so you don't waste any)

Rathar's AP:
Travel to 3 = 12
Presuade (Favored Skill) to 3 = 9
Total AP spent 21 (4 unspent)
Varuthil
New Fellowship Phase Undertaking:
Confer with Radagast the Brown
When a companion spends a Fellowship phase in Rhosgobel (or another location where he may be met), they may go and spend time with the Wizard, Radagast the Brown, who knows a great deal about the Wild.

A companion who has spent a Fellowship phase talking with Radagast may gain his next Lore or Explore level (player’s choice) at half the cost in Advancement points.

Alternatively, they may instead spend time helping Radagast in his garden, acquiring either the Beastlore or Herb-lore traits.
Also everyone is convalesced and healed up
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:51 pm

Okay I think we are all set if you made other updates along the way. The IC thread is there, go to it.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:56 pm

Thanks!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:47 pm

Damn now that was a fellowship phase story!

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:56 pm

Now you have two new NPCs to work with (if you want). Dreymis One-hand, the perfect villain, and of course Hild, who I may have step in for Tom's role at times (say if Tom doesn't feel like adventuring). Plus that oath amulet could create other plot hooks, or learning about Hild's family/father, etc.
You can use as much or little of that as you like. I'll probably just weave it into background when it makes sense.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Book 6: Act 3 - Fellowship Phase

Post by Muskrat » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:23 pm

Vardaen wrote:Damn now that was a fellowship phase story!
Yes, that's quote the tale.

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Book 6: Act 3 - Fellowship Phase

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:32 pm

Thanks for taking the time to read it!