Prelude: The House Whose Walls Dripped Blood

GUMSHOE: Mystery Inc

The year is 1969. Five childhood friends gather together and join forces, forming their own group of mystery-solving investigators. By September 5th, 1969 the paranormal investigative team of “Mystery Inc.” is formed. At the time, the five naive youths thought that uncovering the mysteries of the supernatural would be fun. They were wrong. Dead wrong!

Mystery Inc. is a GUMSHOE rules game run by Eanwulf.
jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Re: Prelude: The House Whose Walls Dripped Blood

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:54 am

Jonnie looks at the 'comrade' and raises an eyebrow, "Pumpin' it, huh? Just like a heart or more like a gizmo or somethin'?" He looks around, half expecting a light switch or something to turn it off.
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:55 am

Cora turns to the others with almost no emotion on her face. "The blood is real but for the life of me I can't figure out how its flowing from the wall. I think we need to move on, so I can find its source". The young woman disengages herself from the wall and places her sample in her bag...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:04 am

"That stuff usually coagulates, right? I mean the blood," Moxley says and waits for the two investigators to gather their stuff again before continuing and now search for a source of the blood flow.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Shadowwk
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Shadowwk » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:41 am

"Yis, but et often takes a bit for ze blood to finish pooling. Et only coagulates quickly en your body due to clotting factors and such."
See you on the other side

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:47 am

"I know, honey," Moxley replies. "What I meant is if that is no 'natural' phenomenon someone would have to put a lot of work in making sure it's not rotting or coagulating. Let's check the other side of the wall and then upstairs," she adds, already beginning to look for the closest passage through or around the wall.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:04 am

Debating the issue of what could be causing the blood to flow, our four friends and their mascot test the walls' stability. Seemingly sound enough, the group ponders the possibility of pounding their way through to the other side or continuing onward to perhaps find another means of way in. In any event, Woofie's ears once more perk up and he tugs against his leash, wishing to continue onwards.
Just a prelude, but love the enthusiasm and carefulness! Consider this a GM Hint to move on ;)
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:35 am

"What's that boy? Timmy's in the well? Again? Ok. Let's get this road on the show! Go get em', Woofie!", Joinnie says with a grin and a scratch behind the big hound's ears. "We're back on the scent, kids! Follow the dog leading the other dawg!"
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:49 pm

Woofie lets out a gruff and hearty *WOOF* then proceeds to drag his owner forward. Leading the group along the halls whose walls bleed blood, our lovable canine friend ushers them off in a lightning bolt pattern down the hallway. Now winding their way this way and that, the group continues along the employee's corridor; marveling somewhat skeptically at the fact that the way ahead appears to be bleeding from the walls in some kind of an actual 'response' to their presence being there. In time the group follows Woofie's lead and rounds another corner, this time leading into a hall filled with multiple doorways on one side. As the group rounds the corner, Woofie suddenly yalps out loud and immediately turns about to dart between Jonnie's legs!

Scuttling its way upside-down along the top of the ceiling up ahead, the spectral figure of a blurred and nearly faceless man wearing a bloody orange prison jumpsuit scampers its way towards the party!
Potential 4 point Stability loss here. Let me know if you want to spend a point in Bullshit Detection first however.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!