Prelude: The House Whose Walls Dripped Blood

GUMSHOE: Mystery Inc

The year is 1969. Five childhood friends gather together and join forces, forming their own group of mystery-solving investigators. By September 5th, 1969 the paranormal investigative team of “Mystery Inc.” is formed. At the time, the five naive youths thought that uncovering the mysteries of the supernatural would be fun. They were wrong. Dead wrong!

Mystery Inc. is a GUMSHOE rules game run by Eanwulf.
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Prelude: The House Whose Walls Dripped Blood

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:16 pm

"Oh damn! This is gruesome!" Madison replies. She has followed Jonnie and Woofie, of course, and kept the camera pointing forward the whole time. When the walls begin to bleed she slowly pans over it. She's been enough bar- and gangfights to recognize blood and the buxom brunette takes a quick sniff of the scent in the room, almost expecting the smell of copper. However, aside from that Moxley isn't the scientific mind to actually identify it apart from the obvious ways to recognize blood.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:17 am

Cora, having witnessed hundreds of crime scene photos and gory evidence taken from those scenes; looks at the walls with an almost macabre curiousity. Pulling out a q-tip from her purse she dabs the wall drool as she stares at the flowered wallpaper...
Evidence collection for sure. But she is also looking at the wall to see if there are perforations where the blood begins...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

jigglypuff69
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by jigglypuff69 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:42 pm

"Damn... I'll give one of you ten bucks to taste it.", Jionnies says completely deadpan. He comforts the hound with a hand on his head, "THat was a good boy. Good job, Woofie."

He walks over to one of the walls and looks closely for any holes or other openings that might suggest that movie magic is to blame...
I am the voice of Never Never Land, the innocence of every man, I am the empty crib of Peter Pan. A silent kite against the blue, blue sky, every chimney every moonlit sight. I am the story that will read you real, every memory that you hold dear...

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:59 am

Woofie whimpers once more and then begins to try and clean his beans. Who knows, the dog might have even peed a little once the blood began to flow from the surrounding walls. Nevertheless Woofie leans his head down to do his business and then flinches suddenly as Jonnie pats him on the head. Snorting playfully and is if interrupted, the loyal mascot looks up, wags his tail and then begins to lick Jonnie's palm.

Ewww...

Meanwhile, those witnessing the bleeding walls, do so with careful admiration. Cora pulls out a Q-tip and begins to sample the substance flowing down the floral wallpaper. Likewise, Madison leans in to give the walls a closer look. Those obsessed with the walls look on in skeptic awe. For the most part however, not much can be seen other than the simple fact that blood is coming through the tops of the walls and flowing down over the wallpaper and wooden paneling.
- Chemistry, Medicine, Streetwise (pretty much all of you save the dog) identifies this substance as definitely being blood.

-What type of blood however, is anyone's guess.

- Anyone with Evidence Collection want to spend a point or two?

- Alas, no one has Architecture.
Having licked Jonnie's palm several times, Woofie's confidence appears to have been restored and the beast wishes to press onwards, down the bleeding hall.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:07 am

"We need to find a way upstairs", Cora Jane offers without looking at anyone...
Cora did use evidence collection in her last post...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:13 am

"Sugar, I wouldn't lick that stuff even if it was on you and it had to be removed,," Moxely replies. "We might as well try to take a look on the other side of the wall and then check up higher."

Shadowwk
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Shadowwk » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:47 am

A long pull of good Vodka and Issak finds his nerves again. "Hold on everyone, I vonna take a good look at zis." Issak grabs a small bag with various electrical gizmos and kneels before the wall. Turning his head towards the Indian, "And Johnny, make it $50 and ve'll talk."
I use 2 points for evidence collection?
See you on the other side

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:54 pm

"Seriously, doll, don't lick that stuff," Moxley replies to the Russian. "If you don't you get a night of drinking yourself under one of my tables and maybe even more."

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:37 am

Example of how things work.

Core Clue: Bleeding Walls contains real blood. Those of you with Streetwise or Medicine realized this. Is it human blood? Sadly that is hard to tell without the proper time and gear to determine to try and do so.

You could then try to discern more about the blood by spending points in Investigative Abilities. Some of you did. Some of you could have tried to do the former (human blood?) if you thought that you had some appropriately related ability to do so. As it was, Cora and Issak chose to use their generic Evidence Collection abilities a bit before pressing on.

Cora: As per our PM, players normally state whether or not they're going to spend points in a skill, and then how many points they wish to spend. I went with 1 point in your case.

Cora's 1 pt Evidence Collection Spend: The blood flows in a steady trickling/flowing pattern. It could have very well have been turned on like one would a faucet. Sadly however, you cannot locate any means of entry point(s) where they blood comes out from as of yet.

Issak: Spending two points is never a question. Either you do or you don't. Truth be told, if that many points didn't need to be spent, I'd tell ya and adjust accordingly; though in retrospect, would never tell you if more than 1 point could be spent if you only chose to spend a single one. I generally tend to ask "Would you like to spend a (X Skill) point or two perhaps?" instead.

Issak's 2 pt Evidence Collection: Using your electronic gizmo's you can discern the rhythmic patterns of something pumping fluid coming from behind the wall. Surely this has to be related to Cora's previous findings!
Pausing to inspect the bleeding walls a tad further, Jonnie grins to Issak and beckons Woofie to hold. Wincing slightly, Madison pleads with the Russian NOT to even think about trying to taste the blood from the walls and records what video she can of her colleagues examining the hallway. In time, Cora and Issak stop what they are doing and relay their findings to the others.
Here you can post normally as desired, citing what you've learned accordingly. I'll probably just PM the results to each of you as needed so the mystery of our mystery is pre-diminished by spoilers ;)
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Shadowwk
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Shadowwk » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:32 pm

Issac stops at the words 'drink under table.' Turning his head the Russian looks almost, gleeful. "As much as I vant huh? Sorry Johnny, no dice. Moxley's got ze better offer. Oh, Cora. Vat did jou find? Because I zhink somezing behing the valls iz actually pumping blood, like a heart of sorts."
See you on the other side