The Snows of Summer Part II: The Depths of Winter

It has been a century since the immortal witch Baba Yaga last visited the world, and the hour draws nigh for her return. But when she fails to appear in the frozen realm of Irrisen to usher in its newest ruler, pockets of winter begin to grow throughout the Inner Sea region. After 1,400 years of perpetual winter, the icy curse of Irrisen is spreading! What links do these strange blizzards and swaths of wintry landscapes have with Irrisen, and is there any truth to the growing rumors that the Witch Queen Elvanna has taken full control of the realm? Can her plans for the Inner Sea be thwarted, or will the Reign of Winter engulf the world?

A Paizo Adventure Path

Run by the Witch King Eilandor

Moderator: Eilandor

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Re: The Snows of Summer Part II: The Depths of Winter

Post by Eilandor » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:34 pm

The group spends the night in the lodge getting to know one another a bit more and to prepare for the upcoming leg of their journey. It is unknown to them when they may happen across another shelter like this, so it is enjoyed and will likely be missed. Morning arrives, breakfast is prepared and you go over once again your provisions before setting out. You leave the warmth of the lodge, step off the porch into the snow and cold gusts of wind immediately make their presence known. There are both human and non-human tracks which lead you west to the rope bridge. As you approach, you see that the rope bridge is twisting in the wind and is coated with both snow and ice. Looking over the ledge, you cans see Timber Creek roughly fifty feet below, twisting its way through what the locals call Red Run Gorge. A former guide back in Heldren gave you some information on the area beyond the lodge. He said the bridge leads to the High Ridge, a stony backbone of forested cliffs overlooking the entire forest, which provides the swiftest means of reaching the rest of the Border Wood and ultimately the Somir Valley.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:39 pm

"That Doesn't look promising," Kolya says with a look of concern on his face. "I suppose we're going to have to cross it, aren't we?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:16 pm

"Yes, one at a time, snowshoes off, crampons on, if you have any." He looks down at Grip, "I have a climiber's kit and enough rope to tie on to each person'. We can cross one at a time, hold the rope in case someone goes over the side." He produces his climber's kit and offers it to Kolya, then attached his rope, and looks forward, "After you." He holds the rope, knots it a few times, then wraps it around him arms and plants his feet to prevent Kolya from falling should he go over the side.
Use the Climber Kit as a harness, the rope to belay folks with, and send people over one by one. When the last person is over, they keep the rope, tie it around my waste, and then they hold it and I go over. This also goes for Grip who get's the rope and such tied on him too.

Cross 1 by 1
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:01 pm

Kolya swallows hard, but nods. "Right," he says and gets into the harness. He takes great solace in the presence of the two Ulffen. With them holding the other end of the rope, there was little chance he'd fall far. Either of them could probably break him in half without trying too hard.

Once the harness is on, Kolya heads over to the rope. Kicking it a little to try and shake off the ice, he takes a careful grip and starts slowly across.
One more level and I can ignore movement penalties for ice and snow. Not soon enough. :)

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:46 pm

"Luckily I am small and don't weight much." Nyria says as she grabs the rope and ties herself to them. "Sometimes being small has its benefits."

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:51 pm

Kassius ties himself too and waits for his time to cross the rope bridge.
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:28 pm

Need to create a map, stay tuned...
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:14 pm

ADMIN MESSAGE
This game has been moved to the graveyard. If the game becomes activated at the request of the GM, then it may be moved back into the active games forum and this post should be deleted.