Book 3: Chapter 2 - Into the Cold North

It was in the beginning of the reign of Malvegil of Arthedain that evil came to Arnor. For at that time the realm of Angmar arose in the North beyond the Ettenmoors. Its lands lay on both sides of the Mountains, and there were gathered many evil men, and Orcs, and other fell creatures. The lord of that land was known as the Witch-king, but it was not known until later that he was indeed the chief of the Ringwraiths, who came north with the purpose of destroying the Dúnedain in Arnor, seeing hope in their disunion, while Gondor was strong.

Ruins of the North is a game set in the north of Eriador in the ruins of Arnor between the years of The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. Using the One Ring RPG system the game will explore the legacy of the Dunedain and the dangers returned to that part of Middle-earth.

Run by the Loremaster Vardaen
Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

In the Maze - The Luck of the Valar

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:12 pm

"I'll be ready," replies Telurin, "with my lamp. I might be able to put one or two asleep if all else fails, but I'm certain it won't work on all of them."

AndyDez
Level 3
Level 3

Post by AndyDez » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:44 pm

" But how do we get the hounds to take the bait? Perhaps we can....stuff the hens into their....normal .....food and leave it at the chamber entrance?"

Hugo turns his eyes towards the slain goblins, a disgusted look on his face.

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Wbweather » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:14 pm

"Allow me, sir." Hartley grabs up the spiked game hens and makes his way quietly back down the tunnel to where he first observed the hounds. Then he takes aim and tosses the birds as far as he can over the hounds to draw their attention away from the door.
I will roll Stealth 3 again if I need to and whatever else you think applies.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:29 pm

"Ah, clever move there lads," whispers Halleth. "If this works, it will save us a great deal of trouble."

AndyDez
Level 3
Level 3

Post by AndyDez » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:47 am

Hugo grins, suppressing a giggle and half-whispers as Hartley moves away with the hens, "Hurry back Hartley m'lad! I'll have the cakes out of the oven before your return and we'll move into the parlor for tea and a smoke!" Hugo buries his face into his arm as he silently chuckles amid such horror.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

In the Maze - Sleepy Time

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:42 pm

Hartley takes the spiced hens and walks back down the passage, he tosses them down the passage, and that draws the hounds attention. They leave the alcove and race down after the food. They are just dogs after all, and so they take the bait with ease. After about ten minutes of bone crunching feeding you hear *thump* *thump* as each one passes out.

You slips down the passage now and see what they were guarding. A stout wooden door guards the entrance to whatever lies within this little recessed passage.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:09 pm

"Well," says Telurin, "We did not come this far only to stop at the door. But let us proceed with caution."

He puts his ear to the door to see what his Elf-ears can detect.
Awareness.

Assuming it is not the sound of Orcs or more Hounds, he tries to open the door. If locked, Craft.

AndyDez
Level 3
Level 3

Post by AndyDez » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:03 am

Hugo steps out of the Big Folks way and into a position where he can cover the door and the passage way where the hounds lay with his small bow.

AndyDez
Level 3
Level 3

Post by AndyDez » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:09 am

My craft, healing, hunting ranks have been erased on character sheet. Not sure of their values.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:57 pm

Halleth whispers, "If you can't get the door open, let me have a try."
Halleth has the Burglary trait, which lets him get into and out of places he's not supposed to.