Prelude: Boarders of Breeland

It was in the beginning of the reign of Malvegil of Arthedain that evil came to Arnor. For at that time the realm of Angmar arose in the North beyond the Ettenmoors. Its lands lay on both sides of the Mountains, and there were gathered many evil men, and Orcs, and other fell creatures. The lord of that land was known as the Witch-king, but it was not known until later that he was indeed the chief of the Ringwraiths, who came north with the purpose of destroying the Dúnedain in Arnor, seeing hope in their disunion, while Gondor was strong.

Ruins of the North is a game set in the north of Eriador in the ruins of Arnor between the years of The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. Using the One Ring RPG system the game will explore the legacy of the Dunedain and the dangers returned to that part of Middle-earth.

Run by the Loremaster Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Prelude: Boarders of Breeland

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:37 pm

Kol looks at Conrad and then to Vara, "Sounds like I was lucky I didn't sign on to this venture from the start, but Conrad's right I'd love to hear more. Name is Kol by the way."

Vara laughs, "You kids are going to get in deep over your heads, but what do I have to loose." He then tells the tale, as he knows it, of Arafel and the trip to Carn Dum.

...That's when I managed my escape into the west. I fled, what else could I do, I'm no match for wraiths and evil creatures of Shadow. The ponies were unstable anyhow, even if I wanted to stay and help. It was an hour before they came under control and by then I was hopelessly lost in those lands. I did my best to get unlost. Along the way I lost some of the gold to a night raid by goblins, another sack was spent as toll to a large stone troll I ran across, and what I had left was just taken by Nalir. I've suffered terribly because of all this. Worse thing is I wager those Rangers who's claim was on the gold will be after me too, thinking I robbed them. I don't know what to do now."

He thinks a moment and then stands up, "I better pack camp, and move on."
You can read the Origin Story, and have a general IC understanding of it. He tells it from his point of view so much is missing, but you get the point.

http://brennor.dyndns.org/rpg/Forums/vi ... =7633.html
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hippoboy
Level 0
Level 0

Post by Hippoboy » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:50 am

"Where will you go now? To hunt down that nasty dwarf that just robbed you?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:31 pm

Vara begins to pack up his stuff, what's left of it. "I don't know. I'm no match for Nalir alone...and I'm not sure I want that gold back. There is a curse on it you mark my words. I think... I think right now I want to go to Bree. The Prancing Pony has warm beds and cold ale. From there I might be able to find work." He shoves a shirt into a bag, he looks slide long, "No doubt Nalir will go there first before moving on...." he is a dwarf after all and can't so easily let go of gold, and revenge.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:55 pm

Kol smiles, "Bree? Its not the wilds or any great adventure, but my feet need to travel. If you like Vara I'll come with you to Bree, I don't know what we might find there, but either way I need to be out of Combe even if its just a trip to the big city."

He then turns and motions at the hill and waves Macy and Benton to join them down here with the dwarf.

Hippoboy
Level 0
Level 0

Post by Hippoboy » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:05 am

"Why Bree certainly is a nice place to be. So how can I refuse? Let's be off!"

Conrad is excited to have made a new friend, and to be on the way back home.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The End

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:20 pm

The group helps Vara pack up and then is off. Benton refuses to just go to Bree, not without checking in at home first. So it takes the group a day or more to get things put straight. The Longhole Hobbits have family there, cousins an aunt, etc, and you hope to arrange to stay with Gracey Longhole instead of spending money at the Prancing Pony every night. A letter is sent by post, and arrives back, things are put in order and eventually the group heads out on the short road from Combe to Bree.

Eventually the group is off and arrives in Bree August 3rd, four days before things would truely change for many of the friends.
Great! We can end this chapter. You arrive in Bree 4 days ahead of the other thread of Aravule and company. During that time you settle in, explore and start searching for Nalir. We can end this thread and move to the other only.