Book 1: Chapter 1 - Asking Around Tharbad

It was in the beginning of the reign of Malvegil of Arthedain that evil came to Arnor. For at that time the realm of Angmar arose in the North beyond the Ettenmoors. Its lands lay on both sides of the Mountains, and there were gathered many evil men, and Orcs, and other fell creatures. The lord of that land was known as the Witch-king, but it was not known until later that he was indeed the chief of the Ringwraiths, who came north with the purpose of destroying the Dúnedain in Arnor, seeing hope in their disunion, while Gondor was strong.

Ruins of the North is a game set in the north of Eriador in the ruins of Arnor between the years of The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. Using the One Ring RPG system the game will explore the legacy of the Dunedain and the dangers returned to that part of Middle-earth.

Run by the Loremaster Vardaen
Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:22 pm

"We understand," replies Telurin. He indicates to Hartley that he is ready to leave, if the Hobbit has nothing to add.
Telurin doesn't have any really helpful/relevant skills that could undo this. At the moment, he is pretty limited socially (Awe or Song, both of which do not seem applicable)

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Wbweather » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:51 pm

"Madam, we will keep you out of this. Thank you for the pipe. It will be put to good use. If anyone asks, I was just a customer."

He turns to Telurin. "Let's go find out what information our ranger friends have gathered."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:34 pm

The woman is left alone, and once you leave she closes the door tightly behind you.

Hartley and Telurin then go looking for the Rangers...
I'll reconnect you to the other thread shortly.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:41 pm

"Hartley, perhaps we should keep an eye on her. The first gentleman gladly shared a useful tip with us, namely that there is a hidden thug who watches from the rooftops. I doubt he would betray us. The second gentleman was very eager but unrealistic...seems unlikely he would say anything. Serinde, however, while she was afraid and that may be all she is...I wonder if we can trust her."

Telurin pauses in thought. "Though, even if we were to catch her going to tell the thieves, what could we do to stop her? Bring her to the prison? I do not want to act with that kind of authority, even if it is supposedly to protect ourselves."

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Wbweather » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:59 pm

Hartley looks at Telurin. "Perhaps I tend to look to much for the good in people, but I think myself a good judge of character. I do not think she will betray us. She is afraid and that is why we are hear. To help remove the need of these people to fear. We didn't share any specifics with her anyhow and I don't know what she could tell these thugs that they couldn't gather on their own, but perhaps you are right. Maybe we should keep an eye on her. Let's see what the rangers think."

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:00 pm

"Agreed. Let us go," he replies, nodding.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:36 pm

Hobbit and Elf head out looking for the rangers and spot them near some ruins.
This thread ends, and exits to here:
http://www.dicefellowship.org/viewtopic ... 83#p318683
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

The End

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 06, 2016 8:00 pm

The End