Book 3: Chapter 2 - Into the Cold North

It was in the beginning of the reign of Malvegil of Arthedain that evil came to Arnor. For at that time the realm of Angmar arose in the North beyond the Ettenmoors. Its lands lay on both sides of the Mountains, and there were gathered many evil men, and Orcs, and other fell creatures. The lord of that land was known as the Witch-king, but it was not known until later that he was indeed the chief of the Ringwraiths, who came north with the purpose of destroying the Dúnedain in Arnor, seeing hope in their disunion, while Gondor was strong.

Ruins of the North is a game set in the north of Eriador in the ruins of Arnor between the years of The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. Using the One Ring RPG system the game will explore the legacy of the Dunedain and the dangers returned to that part of Middle-earth.

Run by the Loremaster Vardaen
Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

The End

Post by Wbweather » Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:00 pm

I personally hope we can start this up,again. I have been missing it badly.
For Hartley, the trip to Rivendell is a mixture of pain and joy. His wounds initially caused him to have episodes of confusion and merciful forgetfulness. Glorfindel’ s presence also gave him a sense of comfort and well being and as he traveled, he felt that somehow he almost drew strength from his proximity to the high elf. At times a war waged in his feverish mind and he saw visions of dark sights and evil spirits coming for him and his companions, but each day he grew stronger and soon the nightmares passed. Once again he could laugh and sing. His spirits grew lighter as they moved farther away from the darkness of Carn Dum.

When they finally made their descent into the hidden valley of Imladris, he finally felt that despite his scars, both physical and otherwise, he was finally whole again, albeit changed. Hartley Sandheaver he still was, though not the same as when he had set out from the Prancing Pony so long ago.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

The End

Post by Muskrat » Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:44 pm

If you're able to engage in a more regular posting schedule, Vardaen, I'd love to keep going. If you're not going to be able to post regularly, this seems like a good place to wrap up the game.
Halleth finds himself surprisingly relieved to be in Rivendell again. He found himself grudgingly admitting to himself that it was pleasant to have a safe place to rest.

As they approached, Halleth says to Glorfindel, "I do not know that there is any rush, but it would be good to speak with the leaders of the Dunedain and any of Elrond's folk who are interested about what has passed. Not only the death of the last heir of Cardolan, but the fact that some of the Hill Folk have turned against the Enemy. We should find a way to aid them--and also see what lore they might have that we can learn from."