Advancement: Fellowship Phase Info

The OOC Forum for the Ruins of the North campaign using The One Ring RPG system.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:13 pm

This thread is for us to help track Advancement and Fellowship Phase options.

Some time back in the Tales of Wilderland Campaign we came to the conclusion that awarding straight up points at the end of an Adventuring Phase is far more practical for PbP.

If you are active and role playing you should be able to receive the max awards.

Advancement Points +12

Experience Points +6

You may also gain a bonus point for great successes with traits during the campaign but those are awarded at the time of. These are far more rare than the end of the phase awards are.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:15 pm

So at the end of the Prelude: Hidden Valley I will be handing out points now. However this Chapter lasted FAR longer than most do so to kickstart us properly I'm going to award slightly higher than average awards to folks.

Prelude: The Hidden Valley, Boarders of Breeland, The Hall of Fire

Aerondil: +15 AP, +8XP
Aravule: +15 AP, +8XP
Halleth: +15 AP, +8XP
Hartley: +15 AP, +8XP
Telurin: +15 AP, +8XP

Sheets updated. Please remember to use the Heroic Development tab when spending and let me know what you do with it all.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 31, 2016 7:35 pm

Chapter 1: Book 1 - Troubles in Tharbad
Image Aravule: +12 AP, +6XP
Blain: +12AP, +6XP
Halleth: +12 AP, +6XP
Hartley: +12 AP, +6XP
Telurin: +12 AP, +6XP

Sheets updated. Please remember to use the Heroic Development tab when spending and let me know what you do with it all.

Boronind
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Boronind » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:24 pm

What exactly are our options? We are not sticking together or not? Where can we go and where can't (e.g. Rivendell) we go (for a month, right?)

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:20 pm

I suppose you can go anywhere within a 2 week journey. :-)
We've made Tharbad a Sanctuary already, so I think you automatically get that benefit for joining our fellowship.

Do you have any of the books? Here are some ideas I came up with at our last Fellowship Phase:

http://www.dicefellowship.org/viewtopic ... 800&t=8255

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:31 pm

I'm thinking of a mini-"adventure" to explain how Telurin gets a new Great Spear (since I upgraded it to "Fell"). I was thinking he'd find something in some cave...

I was thinking of some story to the South or Barrow Downs... but why we would go there I'm not yet sure.

Another option would be a trip to Dunland to try to start relations with the Dunlendings and trade with them. I kind of like that idea.

V, what was the name of the Dunlending lad who helped us before? I think Telurin (and whomever else would like to accompany him) will go find the boy again and trade with the Dunlendings, trying to get supplies for our journey and even if some are interested in accompanying us part of the way, that too could work.

Perhaps those of the group who go could also bring Orcare and Merwai along, and see if they can live among the Dunlendings for a time. As Tet suggested as one place to bring them.

The story of getting a spear could easily fit into that, I think.

The only question is, @Wbweather @Vardaen, can anyone think of a Fellowship Phase activity that represents Trade (rolling the Fate die & such to see how well it goes).

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Wbweather » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:45 am

There are several trade undertakings in the books. I think at the traders island. Maybe in Dale? V, would you allow something similar?

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Wbweather » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:51 am

New Fellowship Phase Undertaking: Visit the Market at Trader’s isle
The markets of the River-folk are a supply of curiosities from the length of the Anduin. Companions spending a Fellowship phase in Mountain Hall can go visit the éafolc’s market. When heroes choose this undertaking, they spend 1 Treasure to make a roll on the table below. A hero possessing the Folk-lore Trait or who is an Éafolc-friend (see page 44) must roll too, but considers any result different from an Eye as if it was a G-rune.
G-rune: Choose an item of any type except Mab’s Liquor, or roll again.
1 Nothing useful! you bought something that either broke very soon, or proved completely ineffective. Better luck next time!
2-3: Food and Drinks. you spent your money drinking and playing games with the éafolc: the next time you visit their market, you will roll on the table twice and pick a result.
4-5: Southern Wine. you bought yourself three bottles of southern wine. you may open one during a future encounter to raise its Tolerance rating by +2. Raise it by +4 if the people you meet are Elves or Men from the South.
6-7: Good bargain. you found furs and wares that you may sell at three times their cost at the market of Lake-town: you may invest up to 5 Treasure, and receive three times that amount the next time you go to Esgaroth.
8-9: River-charm. you bought a lucky amulet of the éafolc. For the length of the following Adventuring phase, if you are inside the Vales of Anduin you may spend 1 Hope to roll again if you get an Eye Feat die result.
10: Mab’s Liquor. For your money you got a leathern flask containing three sips of an amber liquid, concocted by Mab the Spinner. Sipping from the flask restores a number of Endurance points equal to the drinker’s Wisdom or Valour score (the highest) plus the roll of a Success die.
Eye: you have been tricked by the River-folk! you got something for your gold, but at a higher price: spend another point of Treasure and roll again (if you don’t have any Treasure left, you cannot roll again and have received a worthless trinket).

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:34 pm

I've updated Halleth's character sheet.

Blubbo_Baggins
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by Blubbo_Baggins » Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:38 pm

Thanks Wb...I hadn't thought that the Trader's Isle would be a perfect thing to use for trade w/ the Dunlendings, but that's what I'll have Telurin do if V thinks it works.